Reload this Page >

Paris - Hotel Elysa Luxembourg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 03:30 PM
marge

Has anyone stayed here? I thought it was in the 6th but it's in the 5th, near Jardins du Luxembourg, is it a good walk around area at night? Resonable price restaurants?

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Fred

It's in the 5th but don't think that you have to stay in that area for restaurants. Paris is so easy to get around you can get to many areas of the city quickly and easily, by walking, metro. Hre are a Hotel Elysa Luxembourg (3 star left bank)-<BR>next to the Luxembourg Gardens.<BR>we liked it and recommend it<BR>very pleasant<BR>room and bathroom were fairly large<BR>For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected]<BR>

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 12:32 AM
Ursula

Marge: Just checked their website. Looks fine to me. A typical small left bank place.<BR>www.elysa-luxembourg.fr<BR>A lot of small and reasonable priced restaurants in the Quartier Latin and Jardin du Luxembourg is the perfect place for a small picnic.<BR>The area is lively until at least midnight, but be alert like you would be in every place in the world.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 06:40 AM
marge

Ursula....Thanks I didn't have their website. only the booking ones.<BR>Marge

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 10:14 AM
Christina

That's a very good area to walk around and convenient to the RER stop and there are several bus lines that stop in front of Luxembourg gardens that are convenient. BTW there is an excellent cyber-cafe just around the corner from the Dallyou patisserie down rue de Medicis, Orbital, if you want to log on to check email or whatever (not that I'm so obsessed with that, but some people need to keep in touch with work or family). Here's their web site www.cafeorbital.com I have read good reviews of that hotel in several guidebooks (like Cheap Sleeps in Paris, also see comments on www.paris.org/Hotels), it sounds very nice and I would consider it if I were staying in that area. There are lots of reasonable restaurants in that area, several on rue Soufflot (the one leading to Pantheon)--hmm, Perraudin is near there on rue St-Jacques and Chez Pento on rue Cujas (both modest bistros, Perraudin probably better), also la Gueuze at 19 rue Soufflot is a very good Belgian brasserie with good mussels. One of my favorite dining areas around there, not as touristy or hectic as around bd St-Michel, as well as pleasant to walk around, is rue Thouin just to the northeast of there (off place Contrescarpe). There are a lot of small, moderately priced ethnic restaurants on it of all variety, and they are pretty and pleasant. That area may suit you better for dining than right around the Sorbonne--there are several basic cafes, of course, on Sorbonne square and it's a good spot for people watching but not as pleasant as it used to be.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 01:49 PM
marge

Thanks for the tip on the mussels, my husband will love that. The other info was very, very helpful. <BR><BR>I have been switchomg back in forth all day between Saint Paul, the rooms look fancy, but I liked the idea of a balcony for Elysa both are $107.<BR><BR>Keep the suggestions coming, please and thank you.