Reload this Page >

Paris- Hotel des Marronniers on Rue St. Jacob

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 06:38 AM
Deb

Has anyone visited or stayed at this hotel? Is this a nice area of Saint Germain to stay?

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Boots

I have stayed there several times. The hotel is well run, though the rooms are rather small, as is true in a lot of Paris hotels. The area is one of the best.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 08:39 AM
elaine

The location is charming and convenient, the rooms very attractive but excruciatingly small for the price, IMO. Don't count on closet and drawer space or space to open your suitcase anywhere but on top of the bed. When I was there years ago the bathroom shower area was just separated from the rest of the tiny bathroom by a half-height acrylic partition, no separate stall, no tub. <BR>The drain was in the floor.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 03:13 AM
Lee

we stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and found it to be dreadful. We must have had the worst room in the hotel - tiny room and a bathroom so small you had to sit on the toilet sideways! Threadbare towells etc. I hated every moment of it and it never ceases to amaze me how it is often recommended in Guide Books. On top of that our travel agent added a hefty commission to the room rate. In May we will be staying in the right bank at Hotel Mansart as recommended in Conde Nast Traveller - apparently this hotel has large rooms by Paris standards. If you want to stay on the left bank we stayed at a cozy hotel called Hotel Regent a few years back.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 08:09 AM
ger

My husband and I stayed there a few years ago and I think I stayed in Lee's room - it also had a "fold-out" bidet under the sink! Rooms on the left Bank are generally small but that was THE smallest room I ever had! <BR> <BR>It is always very highly rated in the tour books, so I wonder if standards have slipped because they are always busy? I think you can find better bargains in the area. People on this site have quoted National Geographic Traveller March edition - 100 best hotels in paris for under $100. <BR>I use the following web-site to choose an hotel: <BR> <BR>http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/75paccue.htm <BR> <BR>I find Montparnasse (14th) a real bargain, but not as close to everything as St. Germain - L'Aiglon is one of my favourites and the rooms are huge and the Raspail also has good-size rooms. <BR> <BR>Regards

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Graziella

Hi Deb try hotel Millesime same area(Rue jacob) which is excellent, <BR>I think you get more for your money.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 03:51 PM
Meg

Graziella - <BR>Please tell me more about the Millesime on rue Jacob. I have a reservation there for early September 2001 - chosen on the advice of everything I've read and my travel agent. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 05:47 AM
sarah

Oh my lord. I stayed at this hotel 100 years ago. Thre rooms are truly escrutiatingly small. The bed sank in the middle and the plumbing rarley worked. The location is primo. There are several small hotels that are much nicer on rue jacob. Hotel d'Angletter, the Hotel d'Isly. Great, great location for alllll of paris.