Paris hotel availability Oct 7-13 ?

Sep 11th, 2001, 04:28 PM
Peter

Paris hotel availability Oct 7-13 ?

We are scrambling to find a hotel in Paris for 6 days starting Oct 7, ideally around US$150/nt, and in A6. Any suggestions? Is there a central reservations bureau we can call or email to see availability for a number of hotels? Thanks.

Peter

Sep 11th, 2001, 04:39 PM
so sorry

I say go now. Everyone is cancelling their trips!

Sep 11th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Ana- Venezuela

try venere.com. That served me fine. You're tight datewise, but you can still get good deals. Try the site and give me your comments. No need to pay up front, either. You can even make last minute changes and upgrade your reservations.

Sep 11th, 2001, 06:19 PM
sandy

Try the Hotel de L'Arcade.
[email protected]
www.hotel-arcade.com
Really nice people and very well-located.

Sep 12th, 2001, 09:03 AM
Christina

That is one of the busiest times in Paris in the entire year due to business and trade shows, especially fashion shows, and hotels can be booked up months ahead of time. There is a reservations service at the Paris Tourist Office but I think it is for on-site help only, not by phone. They do have a very good website giving info and links on all officially-rated hotels in the city, with good search capabilities and maybe they do something by phone I'm not aware of (www.paris-touristoffice.com) I think your best bet is a booking service, frankly --- I would recommend and have used the hotel portion within www.france.com (French Hotel Reservations or something), which you can get directly by digital.france.com They have a very good selection of hotels, good prices and will respond to you promptly regarding vacancies when you request a reservation (in my experience, anyway, which is not vast). They do give vacancy estimates for hotels so you can narrow down your choices, although I'm sure they cannot be up-to-the-minute absolutely accurate.