Search

Paris Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 05:31 PM
Tamara

Paris Hotel

Hi. I'm off to Paris with my husband in July. I'd like to find a hotel with A/C and a bathroom that is moderately priced (up to $150 max would be terrific). We'd also like to be in a central location. I know this is vague, but can someone help? I read the message about Hotel D'Albe. Any others? THANK YOU!!!

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 05:17 PM
Kathy

In Oct we stayed at derby Eiffel for about 139.00USD for a triple it is a Best western hotel so ck that website. It was Ok but a good location, My Dad stayed at Hotel Mars that is much less but has bathrooms and looks OK from outside. there are some nice hotels right in that area. Lotsof cafes and restaurants close and I think at the Mars you can get a room with a view of Eiffel Tower. For restaurants I would head to latin quarte there are a lot a place with price fixed dinners for very reasonable prices. For breakfast ck out Tabacs they are tobacco stores that have a few tables with coffee and croissants for cheap we made the mistake of ordering ala carte 1 day for breakfast at a restaurant and with coffee juice and a crepe it was about $20.00 US PP.If you would like any other info I made a list and could send it to you as an attachment if you like.

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 05:18 PM
Kathy

In Oct we stayed at derby Eiffel for about 139.00USD for a triple it is a Best western hotel so ck that website. It was Ok but a good location, My Dad stayed at Hotel Mars that is much less but has bathrooms and looks OK from outside. there are some nice hotels right in that area. Lotsof cafes and restaurants close and I think at the Mars you can get a room with a view of Eiffel Tower. For restaurants I would head to latin quarte there are a lot a place with price fixed dinners for very reasonable prices. For breakfast ck out Tabacs they are tobacco stores that have a few tables with coffee and croissants for cheap we made the mistake of ordering ala carte 1 day for breakfast at a restaurant and with coffee juice and a crepe it was about $20.00 US PP.If you would like any other info I made a list and could send it to you as an attachment if you like.

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 05:34 PM
elvira

for the Latin Quarter in Paris, try: <BR>http://www.paris.org/Hotels/ <BR>5th and 6th arrondissement encompasses the latin quarter. The only hotel with bathroom attached I've ever stayed was http://206.184.159.175/hotel/royalsaintmichel/index.htm <BR>It was an emergency, the room was great, the people were very nice. Mostly I stay at the Delhy (actually, across the street from the Royal Saint Michel) which is quaint, clean, bathrooms down the hall.

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 06:03 AM
Bill Irving

We were in Paris in Mid-June of 1997. Even at that time, A/C was a welcome part of our hotel room, especially after a long do of walking. We didn't specifically seek a room with A/C, but were glad we had it. We stayed at the Folkstone Hotel, which is a couple blocks from La Madeleine, & therefore, only a couple blocks from the metro. Also near L'opera, Place de la Concorde. At that time, we paid about $145 U.S. for a triple, with working A/C, & ensuite bathroom(shower, sink, & toilet). That did not include breakfast, but we prefered to take breakfast outside the hotel. There is a very good bakery across the street. This hotel also had an elevator. It is a Best Western hotel, so that you can make reservations by calling the 800 number for Best Western here in the states. Being associated with Best Western does not mean it is an "Americanized" hotel. That just means the hotel meets certain standards, such as every room has a bathroom. This hotel was still very French. The staff was very helpful. I would stay at this hotel again. <BR>

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 07:29 AM
jennifer

<BR>Tamara - I go to France as often as I possibly can. I have stayed at some great, small, quaint, and inexpensive hotels, all in Paris, very near metro stops and sights. My last trip I stayed at The Castex. They take credit cards, have QUIET rooms, pleasant staff, and private bathrooms. 5 rue Castex, Paris, 75004, tel: 42-72-31-52, or fax at 42-72-57-91. We were there iin August (high Season) and paid only $65.00 USD per night for 2 people. Jennifer

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 07:30 AM
jennifer

PS to previous message: <BR>Tamara - Forgot to mention the Castex doesn't have AC, though. You may not even need it in July. Jennifer

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 09:51 AM
karen

<BR>Hi Tamara. It's karen. Glad to see you found this site and hope it's been helpful to you. A reminder to you or any others who might be reading - I just got back from Paris and would be happy to answer any questions.

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 08:53 AM
p.jones

Tamara. The posting said there were no replies to your question, but see there are a few. I have a 1994 hotel book I got from the Office du Tourisme in Paris that lists EVERY hotel in Paris and pictograms for their amenities, their location by arrondissement, cost in FF, number of *'s, etc. I have noticed that many of the Internet travel sites have their favorite hotels and may not be within your price range. I would quickly write to Of.du Tourisme at 127,ave. des Champs Elysees-75008 Paris, France and ask them to rush you this book if they have it still. I still refer to it when I want a hotel, and just have to figure that the prices are higher. Also, I noted that most of the hotels with the a/c pictogram are in the 4* category, but that was 1994 and some less expensive may have upgraded and now have a/c and are still 3* which usually has about everything you need, location up to you. Don't try to get this book from the U.S. French Tourist Office. It will just delay everything. Also, you may find an e-mail address for the Paris office to which you can send your request soemwhere on an OFFICIAL Paris website. The name of the book is "Hotels et Residences de Tourisme".Another website that has an excellent listing of hotels is www.travlang.com which I think is connected with Preview Travel in some way, but you can do your own research by clicking onto their hotel listings. Their listings give infinite info on the hotels they have. I recently looked up hotels in London and was amazed at the amount of info I could get.Try that or as one viewer suggested try calling the U.S. hotel chains like Holiday Inn, Best Western, Quality Inns, etc. and then check out their locations on the Internet somewhere. You have a very little time as July is a very busy time in Paris..when isn't it. If all else fails, may I suggest our favorite hotel. Don't think they have a/c, but it is located on a street with a lot of trees which affords breezes and natural cooling, near the Eiffel Tower and Rue Cler.It has off street rooms, but we have always preferred rooms with French <BR>doors that allowed breezes to come in especially if they face East. Name. Hotel la Bourdonnais 111,113 ave. de la Bourdonnais 75007 Paris. Metro "Ecole Militaire".Residential neighborhood, close to everything. 7th Arr. Fax (33 1 45.55.75.54. (You will get a better rate by booking it yourself.) Write in English for a brochure. Good luck! Enjoy Paris!

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 12:51 PM
RJD

Try the Escapades site on the net. It has many fine hotels in Paris grouped by arrondisment. You can reserve at an 800 number shown on the site and avoid the hassel of writing or phoning abroad. I've used then sucessfully an number of times.