Reload this Page >

Paris Hostels or Inexpensive Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 11:52 AM
Victor

Any recommended youth hostels (we're not youths but we're not picky, as long as it's clean). Or comparably priced hotel ie. <BR>$50.00 or less. Walking distance to attractions only. We'll be traveling beginning of May.

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 04:35 PM
Suzanne

I have heard from friends that the best hostel in Paris is the The Three Ducks in the 15th arrondissement 01.48.42.04.05. You have to enter by going through the bar where all the resisdents will greet you warmly and invite to have a beer.

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 06:58 PM
Vanessa

Type in the Search box at the top the title "Next Week I will be in Paris but...." I gave info on 3 inexpensive hotels on that post that are all under 300 Francs (about$50/a night): Hotel Telemaque, Hotel Celtic, and the Floridor. If it doesn't come up, email me and I'll gladly give you the info.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 09:43 AM
wendy

when i was in paris may of 99 my friend and i stayed in the latin quarter at the hotel pascal. this 2 bed room with private bathroom and tub cost us $50 per night and was right by rue moufftarde. the people spoke english and were really nice helping us to get around the city. the site i found them at was www.hotels.fr/hotelpascal/index_us.htm <BR>this is a clean, small hotel. we also were on a budget but at 30 years old didn't want to stay in a hostel. i would stay there again without a second thought!

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 09:45 AM
wendy

p.s. we walked EVERYWHERE from there!!!!!

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 10:16 AM
sabrina

Just wanted to piggyback on Wendy's posting and suggest staying in the Rue Mouffetard area of Latin Quarter. I stayed in a hotel there that was a little pricier (abt. $100/nite, breakfast included) called Hotel St. Christophe. You'll be walking distance and/or a short metro ride from everything you're interested in seeing.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 10:41 AM
Victor

I was getting really psyched for the Hotel Pascal. However this is what I found at their website. <BR> <BR>CAUTION! The Pascal hotel is closed from the 02/01/2000 until the 30/06/2000, for work. <BR> <BR> <BR>Thanks anyway <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 12:19 PM
don

Check out Residence Littré on 44 reu d'assas in the 6th. It is very reasonably priced, a good location. Have not been there myself, but it got good reviews on Eurotrip.com. A website for it is mentioned there as well.

Old Jan 22nd, 2000, 12:09 PM
wendy

the pascal is probably refurbishing, they had started it when i was there. i'll be going to paris again this may with my mother and i decided to stay again in the latin quarter but at the familia hotel. i haven't stayed here before but it comes highly recommended at just a tad higher price, $95 a night for two in a double room. try www.france-hotel-guide.com, search for the familia or others in latin quarter and you can have them fax you prices. bon chance!