Paris Hilton area recommendations?

Sep 2nd, 2001, 05:44 AM
Jeanie

Paris Hilton area recommendations?

Will be staying at the Paris Hilton (rue de Suffren, 15th) in early Octobre. Anyone been there? The location looks good on the website - near the Eiffel Tower and Seine, but we've only been to Paris once before and didn't stay anywhere near there last time. Any specific restaurants in the area?
Thanks.

Sep 2nd, 2001, 11:18 AM
kathy

We have stayed at the Paris Hilton several times and found the location very convenient. The metro is about a 5 minute walk. (Bir Hakeim) (Apologize for the spelling.) There is a wonderful small restaurant diagonally across the street from the Hilton on Ave. deSuffren. Pink table cloths; wonderful (and reasonable) prix fixed menu, etc. Forgotten the name! but it's right on the corner. A few doors down (toward the Seine) is a pizza style place.
If you go out the hotel and turn right on Avr. deSuffren, you'll find a wonderful little market; a bakery and a brasserie. Further up the avenue (15 minutes or so) a few more wonderful "white table cloth" type restaurnats. Enjoy! Kathy.

Sep 4th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Jeanie

Many thanks Kathy! We'll be sure to pop in to the place with pink tablecloths!
By chance do you know if there are any good fabric stores in the area (decorator, not clothing)? I sense it is more residential than commercial and we will be going elsewhere to shop?

Sep 4th, 2001, 07:06 AM
Kathy

Sorry, Jeanie, but I don't know. Also -don't forget the Jules Verne Restaurant at Eiffel tower. The concierge at the Hilton was able to get us a last minute reservation on one trip and it was delightful. The night we went there they had fireworks over the Place de la Concorde. The view was spectacular. Very roomantic. (and expensive!) Kathy

Sep 4th, 2001, 09:06 AM
austin

Jeanie---

for a very French experience try the small family run restaurant de la Tour
Its a five minute walk from the hotel and the concierge will tell you how
to get there
AH

Sep 4th, 2001, 02:32 PM
roman

Hi Jeanie,

I stayed at the Hilton last month and the location is great. I'm just surfing now and I can't remember the name of the restaurant we went to on the last night... but it was within walking distance and fabulous. I just checked the magazines in the hotel room and picked the restaurants that way. Took a taxi to others so that is easy too. I would recommend not taking the subway to a restaurant unless you know exactly how to get to the restaurant. As you probably remember, the streets can be tiny and hard to find - even for locals.

Sep 4th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Jeanie

Roman,
if you can think of the name of that fab restaurant, be sure to post back...we've got a month and a day to get a plan together. To other Hilton-stayers, I assume shower curtains are not an issue??! Thanks all, Jeanie

Sep 4th, 2001, 04:30 PM
Alma

Jeanie,
I was in the hotel right next to the Hilton in June. The only thing nearby is the Eiffel Tower and the Metro. There are cabs and tour buses that stop right in front of the Hilton. There are resturants and a bakery a few blocks from the Hotel. There is a wonderful Chinese resturant around the corner. Its very small and they don't speak English and are owned by the people in the larger Chinese resturant next door. (they speak English and will help). The food is very reasonable and good. I took a cab to The Lourve (40F)but I took day tours (CityRama & another) that picked you up at the Hilton daily. Saw Versailles, Fountainbleau, D'orsay Museum and Giverny also. Worth the money and wasn't very costly. The Hilton looked like a nice Hotel and it's quiet neighborhood. Enjoy

Sep 4th, 2001, 05:15 PM
Jayelle

Jeanie,
Don't worry, they do have shower curtains at the Hilton. As I recall, the shower head can either be left in its cradle on the wall or taken down and used as a hand-held.