Paris Here We Come

Search

Paris Here We Come

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Here We Come

I finally found the price for airline tickets that I could live with and booked our flight to Paris for May 25th through June 2nd. I have always wanted to go and just never seemed to make it but now I am and I am sooooooooo excited. I just felt the need to share. Can't wait. Take Care Jackie
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 08:36 AM
ira

Hi jackie,

Good for you.

Mind sharing what price you found?
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 09:01 AM

It's a really wonderful time of the year to visit and you'll have a great time. Congratulations on making your dream come true. You won't be sorry. Would I post a fare here to start a second-guessing contest? Probably not!
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your good wishes Ira, we can always count on you for something positive. I know the trip is a long way off but it has been in the planning stages since we got back from Italy last spring and when I found a flight from Charlotte, NC to Paris for less than $500.00 I was thrilled. I will be looking at all of the old posts, including many from you, gathering info for this trip over the next several months and will try not to ask too many stupid questions. Take Care J
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 09:14 AM

jdraper....I don't think your questions will be stupid. None of us come out of the womb knowing Paris, where things are, how the metro works, what's the difference between a cafe and a restaurant. On my first trip to London, the first time we went into a pub, we wanted to eat and there we sat waiting for someone to come up and take our order. Well, duh!!!! You have to place our order at the bar and then they will bring the food to you. Well, I have no aploogies for that..I had never been to London, never been to a pub, so I am somehow just supposed to know this? Personally, I don't volunteer a lot because I am NOT incredibly experienced, have committed my share of faux pas in my travels...but you learn as you go and of course getting sound advice from those who ARE very experienced. So ask away, and you are just going to love the experience.
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 11:59 AM

I've got the legs and rear end that look amazing in shorts and jeans, so I always wear them in Paris. You got it -then flaunt that hot stuff. Besides you'll never see those rude & smug french people again.

In fact, the service seems better when I wear real tight, brightly colored jeans and shorts.

A waiter appears as soon as I enter, they take me immediately to a table right next to the kitchen, my food is served right away and my bill is presented before I've finished my salad. Go figure.
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 12:06 PM
ira

Hi jd,

Very good price.

Here are some answers:

rarely
Bonjour before noon, Bon soir after noon.
Je ne parle pas Francais.
about 7:30 to 8:00 PM
about 7:30 to 8:00 AM
a carnet of 10 tickets for 10E.
Black
Pastels
Pierre Herme'
Laduree
the 4th, 5th or 6th.
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 12:14 PM

Hey, this is really weird. My post above appeared here and not in the Paris thread where I posted it.

Honest, I have only been drinking a little of my family recipe.
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 12:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
congratulations, jdraper. The beginning of a new kind of love affair, I'm sure.
Degas: Lol, you got that right
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 12:41 PM

AWESOME!! Jackie, here's wishing you the best trip ever to Paris!!! But I have to admit that every time I see your posts I can't help but think of Puff the Magic Dragon (Jackie Paper).

And that is a good price for airfare.

Ira, I believe those are the answers to all my questions!!

I await the moment when I can meet Degas and his lovely wife at the <font color="blue">Caf&eacute; de Flore</font> to finally glimpse the infamous <i>thunder thighs</i>.

Old Oct 9th, 2004, 12:47 PM
ira

Hey beatchick,

&gt; I await the moment when I can meet Degas and his lovely wife at the Caf&eacute; de Flore...&lt;

I'm terribly offended. Why don't you want to meet me and my LW?
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Degas - very funny as always.
Ira, thank you for the great advice, always appreciated.Have already decided on the 6th at Le Madison but it is too early to make the reservations so will have to wait until closer to the new year. More great advice from you and fodors posters by the way.
Beatchick - Yes, I always get the Puff the Magic Dragon reaction and I have heard that there is even one version out there that uses &quot;Draper&quot; instead of &quot;Paper&quot; in the lyrics. I just didn't have a clue when I gave up my really horrible maiden name for Draper but it is a good conversation starter anyway.
Looking forward to more great tips on Paris from all of the great posters at fodors. Thanks all. Jackie
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 07:42 PM

And you will not be easily forgotten, Jackie, having a mnemonic device for a name!!

Ira, only if you have thunder thighs - LOL!!
But, OF COURSE, I would love to meet you and the LW, mais oui!!