Paris for the Millenium

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 12:50 PM
Don

Paris for the Millenium

We are going to Paris fron 12/27 - 1/10/00. Does anyone have any information ref the Millenium celebration. We would really appreciate any suggestions/recommendations. We have all reservations being taken care of by frequent Paris visitor so we should be ok ref hotel/eating/etc. Thanks in advance.

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 12:59 PM
Boots

I copied this from somewhere on the Internet (no plagiarism suits, please) "While in Paris, you can see an enormous technological 'egg' crack open at the base of the Eiffel Tower." They have been counting the days to the Millenium in electric lights on the Eiffel Tower since there were 999 days, so I would expect quite a celebration there, but I know of nothing but the egg. Perhaps Vincent could clue us in. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 03:46 PM
sandi

This website is a wonderful listing of eiffel tower-based millenium celebrations and Millenium celebrations in many countries! Copy and paste it into your Netsite window! <BR>http://www.tour-eiffel.com/

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 04:50 PM
Boots

What a great site! Thanks, Sandi. <BR>

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 12:48 AM
Vincent

All the celebrations are listed, in English, on the official city of Paris site : <BR> <BR>www.paris-france.org/Parisweb/En/An2000/

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 06:18 AM
Boots

<BR>This was Don's question, but I am also the beneficiary of the good responses. Thank you, Vincent. Your advice is always helpful.