Reload this Page >

Paris - Fabulous Website

Search

Paris - Fabulous Website

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 1999, 11:09 PM
Donna

Paris - Fabulous Website

If you're planning a trip to Paris (or France), be sure to visit www.bparis.com. This is one fabulous website! Used to be exclusively on AOL, but is now on the www. There's a wealth of interesting and valuable information. Extensive message boards as well (click on "Discussion").

Old May 31st, 1999, 03:25 AM
Sally

I couldn't get that address to work.

Old May 31st, 1999, 07:29 AM
Tara

Worked for me - www.bparis.com - are you sure you typed it correctly? Awesome website!

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 12:30 PM
Lisa

This one is worth bringing back to the top. Great resouce!!

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 04:49 PM
Dave

I beg to differ. I find it very slow, combersome, and frustrating. And, I plan on telling Ms.Karen Fawcett that very soon, personally. Hit the back button, and take a long, looooong nap! Fodors Rules!

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 01:01 AM
Vincent

I beg to differ too, but with Dave's post. Maybe it's because I am in the same city than the site, but the site is as quick as Fodor's. And, if the discussion forums are very "happy few" like, the articles and features about Paris and French life are numerous, well written informative, accurate, and funny. What else could you ask for ? And beginning now to know Fodorites' state of mind, needs, and humour, they should like Bonjour Paris. Go and see for yourselves !

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 03:11 AM
Lisa

I have not had any problem with it being slow. The discussion groups are great I think.

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 03:37 AM
Tracy

Hello all -- <BR> <BR>I really like Paris Metropole: <BR>http://www.wfi.fr/metropole/ <BR> <BR>Quirky and updated weekly, as well as whenever a strike hits . . . <BR>xo <BR>T

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 10:12 AM
Lisa

Paris Metropole is also very good. Who funds these pages? Not a lot of advertising on them.

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 10:49 AM
Dave

This is an e-mail that I just sent to bparis.com, in response to their reply to my complaint: <BR> <BR>MS. KVFAWCETT, <BR> <BR>You were right about your website overload, the day I had problems. I apologize. Your website is much <BR>faster today. However, I just went to "Discussions," then to "Sightseeing,..." and it took 62 seconds to <BR>load. That is slow. I then clicked on "Suggestions and Comments" and it took/takes 60 seconds to load. <BR>Slow, slow, slow dear. But, much improved. It is a fast paced world. <BR>Good luck. <BR> <BR>Sincerely, <BR>Mr. "C" <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 10:55 AM
Dave

And I do whole-heartedly agree with Vincent...yes, do, "Go see for yourselves." Maybe I have a memory or hard drive problem or something. I am not a computer expert. Thanks Vinny.