Reload this Page >

Paris Christmas ornaments?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 1999, 06:32 AM
Harriett

Since I didn't think to do it while we were there last spring, I would like to purchase Christmas ornaments reminiscent of Paris for my children, but I'm running into dead ends for sources. Does anyone have any suggestions? <BR> <BR>Many thanks!

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 04:26 AM
Marta

I think I've seen these at the Galleries Lafayette Website -- unfortunately I don't remember the address, but perhaps someone else does?

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 04:49 AM
dan woodlief

For ornaments that feature the Eiffel Tower and Santa, go to www.babiole.com. They have a stocking too.

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 08:48 AM
georgia

Hi Harriet, <BR> <BR>I know ! I'm kicking myself for not purchasing Paris ornaments! We just ran out of time. <BR>I have a Mona Lisa magnet that I purchased at the Louvre and I will tape (tacky huh?) a string to it and hang it on the tree. I was thinking like suggested above to purchase an Eiffel Tower or an Arc D Triomphe and make it into an ornament. <BR> <BR>Only if you don't mind please Email me if you find a good place. <BR> <BR>Happy trimming and have a good Christmas.

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 03:15 AM
francesca

The tiny eiffel towers sold all over the city (about 2 inches high) make great ornaments--what else ya gonna use it for?

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 04:42 AM
Harriett

Dan -- Thanks so much for the reference for Babiole -- She has exactly what I was looking for, and it's a fun site besides -- and generally better quality souvenirs than much of what I saw in shops while we were there! <BR> <BR>I knew someone on this site would have the answer! Joyeaux Noel!

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 07:36 PM
specs

One more suggestion. Landmark Creations at www.Landmark-Creations.com has beautiful hand blown ornaments featuring landmarks (duh) and children from around the world. Some of the ornaments are listed as sold out for this year, but they will be available again. Their ornaments are also available at finer stores and museums. They will give you listings of the stores nearby your home. They also have a neat little catalogue, and can do custom orders.

Old Dec 22nd, 1999, 10:32 AM
Harriett

An update on my search for Paris ornaments: The ones I received from Babiole are beautiful quality,and they arrived in less than 10 days with no shipping charges. This is a fun website for anyone looking for nice Paris souvenirs -- often better quality than what I saw in shops in the city!

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Barbara

We will be in Paris at the end of October and I'm hoping there's a store that sells Christmas ornaments because I'd like to bring a few back as gifts. Would Paris by any chance have a Christmas store? If not, would any stores have them at that time of the year? We are staying in the 6th arrondisment.<BR><BR>Barbara

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Barbara

Anyone?

Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know of a Christmas store in Paris???
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 08:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There is no Christmas store in Paris. It is possible to find Christmas decorations for sale starting in October.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My favorite souvenir shop sells a few Christmas ornaments year-round, Maison de Paris.
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tp/fadf5/