Paris CDG Pick-Ups??

Mar 14th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Shar

Paris CDG Pick-Ups??

I have emailed PariShuttle 3 times requesting a pick up for my family of 6 on 3/17. They do not respond. (Very disconcerting since I gave the site my credit card # to reserve the shuttle) Any recommendations on what shuttle to take to our hotel? Can I charge the ride to my credit card? (I wasn't planning on getting euro until I arrived in Paris) Thanks in advance

Mar 14th, 2002, 10:08 AM
mark

Dear Shar

Please accept my deepest apologies for the late reply to your e mail request.
I have confirmed your transfer , please check your e mail account.
Modifications being made to our site have unfortunately prevented us from receiving & replying to e mail requests.
Have a nice flight & we look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

best regards
Mark Harris
Parishuttle

Mar 15th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Libby

Can anyone give me a general idea how the taxi costs (in euro) from CDG to the center of town?

Thanks.

Mar 15th, 2002, 11:57 PM
alex

Libby:
A taxi should cost $35-40, with tip. You may wish to do the dollar/euro conversion (roughly 40-45-euros). I still reflexively convert dollars to francs and know an euro is worth less than a dollar.

Mar 18th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Beth

Ah ha, it seems Mark has jumped to the competition. I used PariShuttle last July, and my friends and I were very pleased. Coming back in a month - I also was concerned that I got no e:mail confirmation so called also. Spoke with a delightful young woman with very fluent English. Our one driver had been to more American cities than I have as a native.

Mar 28th, 2002, 10:40 AM
topper

topping for all those asking about the shuttle service.

Mar 28th, 2002, 10:58 AM
JBX

Get me straight. Mark is with the "good" shuttle service & reliable to use?

Mar 28th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Statia

We just take the RER line into the city......saves all this hassle. Cheaper, too. Just a suggestion.

Mar 28th, 2002, 11:58 AM
For JBX

Yes. You got it.

Mar 28th, 2002, 09:29 PM
david

yes JBX Mark has switched a couple of months ago to parishuttle , there is a thread somewhere on the subject.
He is definitely one of the "good guys" and from what I saw in Paris last month his new venture looks to be a very efficient service.
He is contactable on 0143909191 or e mail [email protected]

I think the one to avoid is Airport Shuttle the blue & yellow vans since mark left i've read nothing but complaints on this board.

Mar 29th, 2002, 04:07 AM
ttt

ttop

Apr 4th, 2002, 07:52 AM
zz-top

Up for others. Anna posted her recent experience (not a good one) with regards to Airport Shuttle. Need further clarification on which TO use and which NOT to use. Other recent experiences?

Apr 4th, 2002, 08:09 AM
janice

Definitely Parishuttle , we used them last week having followed the threads on this board for a couple of months.

We reserved directly with Mark & had no problems both on the way in and out.
You can pay on the day so there is no risk to your credit card being used fraudulently as with airport shuttle.

if you are really worried then try a regular taxi.

The address i had was [email protected]

Apr 4th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Sue

Do I have this right: Paris Shuttle charges 17 euros/person for 2-5 people, and cab is between 35-40 dollars. For 3 of us, cab makes more sense, n'est-ce pas?

Apr 4th, 2002, 08:16 AM
janice

Sue we went directly through Mark & he charged us 15 per person.
I mentioned Fodors in my request & he was very happy to offer me that rate .
A taxi could be much more than 45 euros especially when you add on your suitcases traffic etc.
i know they won t take 4 in a taxi

Apr 4th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Sue

Good points, Janice; how far in advance do you recommend that I reserve the shuttle? And the address is the wanadoo one? Thank you.

Apr 4th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Beth

We are arriving on 4/19 and I called this a.m. (6:30 a.m. EST) and reserved for that date. Easy as it could be. If you are concerned about giving your credit card info, then call them (33 1 4390 9191); it wasn't even requested. I told them I was a previous customer; darn, should have read my Fodors first and could have gotten a discount! But then 2 Euros is only about $1.85 extra. Won't sweat it. Hey, Mark, I want my discount!

Apr 4th, 2002, 12:51 PM
mark

Dear Beth

Contact me at your leisure via the address above & I will modify your transfer charge.

I do still check customer reactions & comments on Fodors when time permits( its 11.31pm & I 'm still working would you believe ).
I see that there has been an awful lot of comment both positive & negative regarding various shuttle companies.I got myself into a lot of trouble the last time I spoke out so I have to be very careful what I say now.
The majority of shuttle companies are very good , efficient , safe and trustworthy.At the end of the day you are the customer & it is up to you to decide who to use or whether to take a taxi , RER etc.

What is important is that you do come to Paris & enjoy this great city.

best regards

Mark Harris
Office manager
Parishuttle

Apr 4th, 2002, 01:29 PM
curious

Mark do you ever stop working ?
Either you have a very nice office or a very understanding wife !

Apr 4th, 2002, 02:23 PM
ttt

ttt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO