Paris/Burgundy

Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris/Burgundy

We are off to Paris in September for the first time...
Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Ambassador and/or Hotel Concorde St.Lazare in Paris. If so, how would you rate them? Would also appreciate any accommodation recommendations... in the 140-200 euro p.night range.
Also, any suggestions on accommodation in Dijon and Beaune.
We are planning on taking the train to Dijon and then renting us a car.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:18 PM

Just back from Dijon & Beaune. In Dijon I had a single room at the Sofitel Dijon la Cloche for 188 Euros. The room was attractive & comfortable but nothing special.
In Beaune I stayed at Le Cep for 125 Euros for a single. The location was good, around the corner from the "must see" Hotel- Dieu
The weather was cool so I didn't even think about air conditioning until a couple of days later in Lyon when it turned very hot & they wouldn't turn on the air until July 1. (This was June 17th) It was very unconfortable trying to sleep. Next time I'll give up charm for comfort.
Enjoy yourv trip.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:30 PM

Coco, a regular contributor here, has a beautiful, well-appointed apartment in Dijon. It is very reasonably priced, right in the heart of historic Dijon, and Coco does everything to make you feel at home.

www.myhomeindijon.com
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:05 PM

And if Coco is unable to assist try Beatrice at www.dijon-rentahome.com. We are booked with her in a lovely apartment for Late September and she has been nothing but wonderful in her dealings with me.She was referred to me by Coco too.Good Luck.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:58 PM

The Concorde St-Lazare is a very large hotel near the train station of that name. Since you'll be leaving from the Gare de Lyon, you might want something a bit closer to that station.

You need to book a hotel room ASAP: September is high season in Paris, rates go up accordingly, and rooms at many hotels will already be taken. Try venere.com.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:10 PM

In Beaune, choose a hotel that is within walking distance to the city center. Although you will have a car, parking isn't always available. We didn't and we regretted it each and every day as we searched for a place to park.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:29 PM

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Concorde St. Lazare for one week in June 2002 and found the hotel to be very nice. It is a big hotel and seemed to cater to European tour groups. Its location was great -- convenient to many Metro lines. However, I didn't feel too comfortable walking to the hotel late at night, although the area is very busy at all hours of the day. My husband and I are going to Paris in October for a week and this time we're trying Hotel Bonaparte in the 6th arrondissement. Four years ago our entire family stayed at Hotel Familia in the 5th.
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 04:38 AM
ira

Hi O,

In Paris, we always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th. From 131E dbl w/bkfst. The larger rooms are well within your budget.

It is located near 3 metro stops and 4 bus routes. Has AC and an elevator.

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67
[email protected]
www.hotelbonaparte.fr

For more info, enter "Hotel Bonaparte" in the "search this forum" box.

Photos are at
http://tinyurl.com/ludgd

I can also recommend Coco's apartment:
http://www.myhomeindijon.com/

In Beaune, we very much liked our stay at
http://www.hotel-grillon.fr/

Enjoy your visit.

Old Jul 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for all the info. I will now check out all the websites you so kindly provided. I will have to get on and book some accommodation....
Thank you also for the tip re the car in Beaune.