Paris/Barcelona Hotel choices for March 2006

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After extensive reading on this site & tripadvisor.com, my boyfriend & I have tentatively decided to stay at the Artus Hotel in Paris & then in Hotel Jazz in Barcelona this coming March. My question is mainly re: 2 things---on artus.com it states that the hotel is undergoing renovation & will re-open in March of 2006. Does anyone have any more information on this? I have emailed Artus Hotel---am hoping to get a response. Also, my boyfriend is very tall (6ft 5in----approximately 195.5cm), weighs about 230 pounds (approx 104kg)-----is it possible for him to actually find a bed that will be big enough for him in Paris? lol Thanks for any info/advice/rants or raves you can give on either of these 2 hotels. The other 2 hotels we were thinking of were the Renaissance Vendome in Paris (much more expensive though) & the Casa Camper in Barcelona. At this point, it seems the Renaissance Vendome is much more expensive, but I'm a little concerned that Artus Hotel will be upping their prices after the renovation? I can still book at the Artus from expedia.com with prices that seem similar to what is listed on www.artushotel.com, but does anyone know if these prices will be changing?
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM

I don't have answers but will 'top' for you...

I think it is risky to hang your hat solely on the Artus; as you mention, the rates may go up although if Expedia is giving a booking then you'll prepay. The other risk could be that the hotel does not reopen in time and you are sent to a substitute.

I have read in other posts about tall people having their feet hang off the end of the bed, so I wouldn't get my hopes up much.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your thoughts Travelnut! I appreciate it. Yeah, I think my boyfriend is going to have trouble with his height no matter where we stay, lol. I haven't heard back from Artus hotel since emailing them, so I think I may need to look elsewhere for a hotel.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 06:14 AM

Here are some comparable hotels (location/price) to the Artus:

Hotel le Senat 180-310€
Hotel Millesime 185-220€
Hotel de Fleurie 190-270€
Hotel Belloy St Germain 218-269€

I skimmed the Tripadvisor headings, nothing alarming...you can read the details. The Millesime and de Fleurie have been discussed on this forum often.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much again Travelnut! I will definitely look into the hotels you listed.