Reload this Page >

Paris Art Supply Store?

Search

Paris Art Supply Store?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 02:09 PM
Kelly

Paris Art Supply Store?

I wonder if anyone living in Paris (or someone very familiar with it) would know if an art supply store where I might buy professional quality artist supplies such as brushes, paper, paint. I'm definitely not looking for a craft shop but a serious art store. Anyone? <BR> <BR>Thank you! <BR> <BR>-K

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 02:46 PM
wendy

I could kick myself, because my neighborhood in Paris has several great shops, and becasue I'm not an active artist (I only buy and sell)I never paid attention to the names of the store. Look at your map of Paris, on the left bank, at the foot of the Pont des Arts bridge, and find the rue dauphine, rue de Buci, rue mazarine, Rue des beaux-arts, rue Bonaparte, etc... all these streets are tightly knit and is the local artist district with small galleries and many budding artists. It is also near the Latin Quarter and the Ecole des Beaux-arts where there are many places for serious art students to purchase supplies. <BR>Bonne Chance! I'm sorry I just can't remember the names! <BR>Wendy

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 04:02 PM
Lesli

Check the Yellow Pages on-line: http://wf.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?lang=en <BR> <BR>If you click on "categories", you will eventually find "GRAPHIC ARTS, FINE ARTS: MATERIAL AND SUPPLIES (RETAIL)." This will give you 150 hits. (You can narrow down the choices by typing in the arrondisement in the dept. field.) Many of the listings include photos of the shop location and maps! <BR> <BR>This website is a true find.

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Mara

Last year I bought a set of waterpaints and brushes for an artist friend at Magasins Sennelier, 3 Quai Voltaire, 75007. They have another store also. If you know Pearl Paint's in NYC, the French prices were unbelievable (although the exchange rate was better then).

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 09:52 AM
Kelly

Thank you so much for replying - I didn't expect anyone to respond to such a specific question but it is so helpful. Maybe I'll have to increase my travel budget so I can stock up on some supplies! <BR> <BR>-K