Reload this Page >

Paris appartment

Search

Paris appartment

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 05:37 AM
Pat

Paris appartment

I will be going to Paris in September2002 and would like to rent a small apt. for two people, perhaps a studio. Could someone please recommend an agency,etc. that I could contact? Any information will be appreciated. I've stayed in hotels in Paris but would prefer a place where I could take my meals since I plan to be there two or three months. Merci beaucoup! Pat

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 06:19 AM
marilyn

A friend raved about her stay at an apartment rented through Chez Vous.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 09:29 AM
robdaddy

You'll find a lot of variety at these: locaflats.com, vrbo.com, and vacations in Paris.com You can probably negotiate a decent deal for the type of extended stay you plan. Bonne chance!

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Dina

I rented an apartment for 5 days with Paris Bed & Breakfast <BR>http://www.parisbandb.com/<BR>with only a few weeks notice. I spoke with an American agent who arranged everyhing and phoned me back to explain. Some of the apartments are "hosted," with the owners living in the house and providing breakfast, and others are "unhosted" studios where the host greets you but doesn't live there. If the host is not there, the studio must have breakfast facilities and food provided. <BR>I was very happy with the service and the studio near the Eiffel Tower. And the place was only about $120 per night.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 12:01 PM
Cynthia

We've rented apartments in Paris and Avignon from a firm in Seattle that is called France Homestyle. You can find them at www.francehomestle.com. We liked the apartments we rented and appreciated being met at the apartments when we arrived by a representative of the firm. We only stay a couple weeks but it is so nice to have a kitchen for breakfast and those times when you are tired of restaurants and just want a salad. The cost (particularly if you are splitting it with others) can be very comparable to a hotel.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 12:03 PM
jane

We used www.drawbridgetoeurope.com when we rented an apt in Paris. They have a good selection and are reasonably priced. We stayed in a one-bedroom in the Marais area, I think it was about $950 for the week. It was very clean and very convenient to all the sites. <BR>As I recall, Chez Vous was much more expensive - maybe they have fancier apts, though I'm not sure. We prefer character over an antique-type atmosphere.<BR><BR>An apt is definitely the way to go. We are spoiled now - really prefer spending a week in one location so that we can have the comfort of an apt with a kitchen and extra space. By the way, if you can get an apt with a washing machine and dryer, it's worth a little extra cost. Really makes packing easier. Also, apts that don't allow pets tend to be cleaner.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Stuart Dropkin

It was my distinct pleasure to secure an apartment in Montmartre for my Honeymoon two years ago. The owner, Peter Bracke, was easy to deal with and his property was perfect. Modern, clean and convenient to Metro and Gard de Nord. His e-mail is [email protected], and tell him I referred you. His properties are listed on www.a1vacations.com/montmartre/1/ and www.a1vacations.com/montmartre/2/ and www.choice1.com/montmartre.htm Good luck. We loved the neighborhood and the accommodations.You will also.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Lauren

I rented a very nice studio in the 7th from Pascal Zytomiriski. He speaks perfect English, will meet you to let you in, and was just wonderful to deal with. <BR><BR>The apartment was much cheaper than a hotel, included unlimited telephone use within Paris and a washer/dryer. It was around the corner from the rue Cler. Metro was Ecole Militaire.<BR><BR>I found the apartment on VRBO (vacation rentals by owner). Pascal handles a number of apartments of different sizes in Paris. To contact Pascal about any of the apartments he handles, email [email protected] <BR><BR>I would rent the apartment I had in an instant if I were returning to Paris.