Reload this Page >

paris airports shuttles

Search

paris airports shuttles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 04:03 PM
rich

paris airports shuttles

do most of the hotels in paris have a shuttle from and to the airports --dont know which airport we'll be using but we're departing from philadelphia--never been to paris before--thanks

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 04:27 PM
abc

Rich,<BR>Most hotels do not have a shuttle. If you're staying at a 5-star accomodation or a chain hotel, they might, but I would say it's iffy.<BR><BR>However, you can book a reasonably-priced shuttle service we have used (our friends also have used this) called PariShuttle. Phone toll-free 888-426-2705. Mark Harris, the manager, will take your reservation & arrange to have someone meet you at the airport. (Van service.) You can pay cash at the time of the service, or charge on a credit card when you phone to reserve.<BR><BR>Have a good time.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 04:32 PM
paris

I don't think most hotels have their own shuttles, except maybe the most expensive ones with their own limos. I've used Airport Shuttle with good success - do a search here. Their website is www.airportshuttle.fr; you can call toll-free from U.S. to book ahead and check prices: 1.888.426.2705. The price in their ads is $18 per person each way. There are cheaper means of transportation but they generally involve a bus or train to city center and then a cab or metro to your hotel - and $18 is money well-spent to me when I've just spent 9 hours on a plane and just want to get someplace and shower and take a nap!<BR><BR>Have a fabulous trip!

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 04:46 PM
Maribel

Like abc, we used Paris Shuttle and booked our transfer to and fro on the web at www.parishuttle.com Upon arrival we made a toll free call from baggage claim (they ask you to do this BEFORE collecting your luggage, not afterwards), and the representative (in perfect English) directed us to the door where we found the shuttle van waiting for us. We had pre-paid with a credit card. Very easy, hassle-free, and quick, as we were the first to be dropped off at our hotel in the 7th. We returned to CDG with them as well (we had our concierge reconfirm our pick up time the night before) and had only one other hotel pick-up on our way to the airport-about a 40 min. max. ride. I highly recommend them.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Christina

I don't think Paris hotels have shuttles, either, except for the ones near the airport. Small hotels certainly would not and most in Paris are fairly small -- maybe if you're staying at one of the Meridiens (one is the largest hotel in France, I believe, near Porte Maillot, maybe 1000 rooms or so?), they might have one. I suppose it's conceivable the HOliday Inn Republique could, also, as it's fairly large. I don't think a 5-star hotel would do such a thing as it's not classy enough for them, I can't imagine anyone who can afford to stay at the George V needing a hotel shuttle bus into town (or willing to sit in one with others) to save money, which would be the only reason to do such a thing rather than taking a cab (cabs don't cost that much, anyway, maybe US$40 to central Paris). I would guess hotels might be able to arrange a car with private drive pickup, though. IN any case, if you're staying at a very large chain hotel, just ask them if you want to be sure.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 06:14 PM
mary

hi,<BR>if you book a hotel from some of the paris hotel internet sites they can usually arrange transport for you. we have used the shuttle services in the past and had fairly good service. the only down side was being the last let off at our hotel a couple of times-it makes for a long journey when you are really looking forward to a shower and clean clothes. good luck-- wish we were going-hubby's job still in jeopardy. we live in the midwest near the big steel mills and things aren't looking too good around here.<BR><BR>bon voyage

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 02:31 AM
Seana

Mr. Mark Harris<BR> Please do not advertise here. Your company is recommended often on this board so please do not blow your own horn as it is against Fodors' policy. I personally used your company a couple times and besides one driver on May 6th who was very unpleasant and someone from your company charging us twice for the same trip (we prepaid with a credit card in advance and then your driver asked for our credit card anyway; we thought he was just confirming)your service was appreciated.<BR>But please do not advertise here

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 04:31 AM
John

Just returned from paris on 27nov01, highly recomend the Paris shuttle we had no problems our plane was one hour late and the shuttle was waiting for us it is wise to plan ahead taxi situation in paris is difficult if the day of your departure it rains good luck getting a taxi in is near impossible.you may be spendig a nother day in paris

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 06:29 AM
Lori

As everyone said hotels do not provide shuttle service. We've used Mark Harris's Shuttle Service a couple of times with no problems. A cab is a good alternative depending upon the time of day you are going/coming from a/p. If it is non-rush hour you cannot beat the convenience of a cab.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 07:42 AM
Jamie

We used Airport Connection (www.airport-connection) when we were there this month, very good service, the cost is 90 FF per person.Would use there services again....<BR>

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 07:54 AM
Joanne

Rich: Agree with those posters recommending Paris Shuttle. We used their services in May this year and were very satisfied. When returning to the airport be sure to allow ample time, as the shuttle may stop for other passengers at other hotels en route to the airport. <BR><BR>Mark Harris is a true gentleman and doesn't deserve Seana's comments. His post obviously is not an advertisement for his company, since he clearly notes other services available. Sorry you had problems with the service Seana, but your post IMO is grossly unfair.<BR><BR>j

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 08:23 AM
DONNA

Also, remember after Sept 11, Mark posted that all Paris bound customers would get full refunds, no strings attached!!!

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 08:59 AM
Leone

Mark and Parishuttle are certainly getting my business January 1, 2002 ... hey, Mark, if you're tuned in, Claude in te Paris office is a joy to talk with ... he even complimented my french (great sense of humor, that Claude!). Okay, second point: anybody up to having a glass of champagne somewhere near Ile St. Louis? Actually we are mobile, and willing to travel. Arriving December 28 ... leaving, alas, NYD. Ciao

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 09:05 AM
karen

Took a cab from the airport to my hotel and hotel back to airport. Can't go wrong. More money but the convenience was worth it. No hassles whatsoever.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Tom

Some other shuttle services that are equally good <BR>www.gotoparis.net<BR>www.paris-airport-shuttle.com<BR>www.airportexpress.fr<BR>www.britis hexpats.com<BR>www.discoverfrance.com<BR>www.paris shuttle.com<BR>www.cofrase.com<BR>www.pariserve.tm .fr<BR>www.airportconnection.com<BR>www.travel-in-paris.com<BR>www.ticketavenue.fr

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:24 AM
Di

We sed www.hotels.fr<BR>Great services and we payed together with our hotel reservation. Also they did not charge us for extra photo equipment My husband is professional photographer and we travel with many bags of his stuff

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Di

I mean: <BR>We used

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:01 PM
mark

Dear Seanna ,<BR><BR>I apologise if you feel that I was advertising on a previous post on this site.I was merely correcting a previous poster who had mis-spelt our website address & telephone number.Airport Shuttle survey this & many other travel boards for several reasons 1 ) to pick up on customer feedback ( 2 ) keep pace with changing travel trends ( 3 ) survey the progress of our competitors .<BR><BR>Initially we only started monitoring travel boards when it came to our attention that one of our competitors was posting fictitious derogatory & defamatory remarks about our service under a pseudonym.Rather than sink to their level we adopted an observatory approach reacting only when necessary.<BR><BR>Hence if we really wanted to advertise on Fodors we would make more than the current one post a month.<BR><BR>With regards to the " unpleasant " driver that you once had I would ask you to contact me so that we may investigate , intervene & if necessary discipline.<BR><BR>regards <BR>Mark Harris - Manager - Airport Shuttle <BR><BR>PS. Leone you may well see Claude at CDG as he has been put on welcome duty.He will be the man holding a yellow Airport Shuttle sign looking rather cold.