Paris 3-day itinerary

Old Apr 13th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris 3-day itinerary

My sister and I, both in our late 60's, will be in Paris for 3 days mid-May. It's the first time here for both of us. The guide books have lots of planned itineraries, but trying to fit everything together is getting overwhelming! I'm finding it hard to judge walking distances and figure transportation between sights. The first two nights we will be staying at the Hotel Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome, which is very close to the Place Vendome. Our flight arrives from the US at 6:55 AM, so I imagine we'll be at our hotel about 9 AM.

First question is when and where should we get a museum pass?

These are some of the main things we hope to do. and need help grouping them together.
1. Louvre (Quickly see the main highlights only)
2. Musee d'Orsay
3. Musee Rodin - sculpture garden
4. Arc De Triomphe
5. Champs-Elysees
6. Notre Dame Church
7. Nighttime concert at Sainte Chapell
8. Luxembourg Gardens
9. Rue Cler
10 Sacre-Coeur
11 Eiffel Tower (we have a 5:30 tour booked for day three)
12 Place du Trocadero (at night to see the tower lit up)
13 Seine River cruise
14 Open to other must-see suggestions

Above all, we are really looking forward to just enjoying being in Paris, and taking time to enjoy the sidewalk cafes.

Also, we need a hotel for our third night. Someone suggested the Rue Cler neighborhood,
but I read in a post here that it's "boring" at night. Our two nights at the Park Hyatt are with points, and the most we would want to spend for the last night is about 250E.

I know this is a lengthy post. Thanks for taking the time to read it! I appreciate your suggestions/comments.
Old Apr 13th, 2015, 05:25 PM

Is there no way you can stay the last night at your hotel? Packing up and moving is going to take the better part of the morning of your third day. With such limited time in Paris I would much rather stay in the same location.
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Michele, I think you're right. I'd like to experience a neighborhood with cafes right outside our door. Guess we'll have to grab cabs in the evenings.
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 12:47 PM

That is a lot to see/do in 3 days, especially with changing hotels.

We like to do an outdoor activity on arrival in Europe....just seems to help with jet lag for us. You could drop your bags at the hotel and go to Rodin Museum, buy your passes and see the garden, maybe have lunch in the garden. You could see Musee d'Orsay in the afternoon (if it is open, not sure what day of the week you arrive)

If you have any energy left, you could take a river cruise after dinner.

Day 2 you could start with the Louvre (again, depends on day of the week if open) and after that see Notre Dame and Luxembourg Gardens. A St Chapelle concert could work this day.

Day 3 you could see Sacre Coeur and perhaps fit Arc de Triomphe before your Eiffel Tower Tour.

I'd be exhausted but hopefully you have more stamina than I!