Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Parc St. Severin or Hotel Verneuil - Which?

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Ted

Howdy Folks,

We leave in three weeks and I can't wait! We've got to choose between the Parc Saint Severin and the Hotel Verneuil. Price is indistinguishible, anyone with experiences that can help us decide?

Thanks!!!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Kathy

Ted, I have not stayed in either hotel, but I like the location of the Verneuil better. I have heard the rooms there are quite charming, although small- most 3 star hotels standard rooms are "cosy". Have a wonderful time..

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:19 PM
JOdy

we have stayed at the Verneuil three times ..and had a very nice, though small by American standards , room . Immaculately clean , very helpful staff and excellent location!Lovely breakfast room and plentiful meal..We had food poisoning once and the maids and waiters could not have been more helpful...The waiter kept bringing cokes to our room so we wouldn't get dehydrated!

I wish I could remember the name of the restauant where we got it but it was a Patricia Wells reco, so you never know!!! Do not eat shellfish on sundays!!

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 04:51 AM
Diana

There are many postings here about the Parc St Severin and all good. However, if you're going in three weeks and don't have reservations yet, you're probably out of luck. I checked a week ago on changing my reservations to the Parc St Severin for late April and they said they are full. So especially if you need several days, you may not get your choice.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Julie

We just returned from 6 nights at St. Severin. We loved it. Had seen it on previous visits but decided to try it after reading several postings on this site raving about it. If you do a search on parc st. severin you should have lots of info including my recent post entitled Another Paris Trip Report that has a lengthy and complete description of our accommodations in response to a reader's question. Have a good time in Paris--as if that's necessary to say!!