Palazzo Murat Positano

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 07:47 PM
dickpatterson

Palazzo Murat Positano

Fodor's Escape to the Amalfi Coast says "It is hard to imagine anything prettier than the (Palazzo Murat's) dining terrace". Does anyone know if this refers to their restaurant "Il Palazzo" or to the courtyard where guests are served breakfast? Would I be able to buy breakfast or lunch there while staying at a different hotel? Is late April too early for them to serve breakfast in the courtyard?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Sandy

My husband and I recently stayed in Positano at Le Sirenuse and had two lovely dinners at Il Palazzo the dinners were very good and the atmosphere was fabulous. Live music etc. We also would stop in the hotel itself after an afternoon of walking and enjoying the sights and have a wine and enjoy watching the people come and go. They have a darling little sitting area with a very small bar.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 03:29 PM
Patrick

We stayed at the Murat and I never saw "outsiders" coming in for breakfast in the courtyard, but I know that many do come in for lunch and for dinner. We were there in mid September and both lunch and dinner were served in the courtyard. I never saw in inside dining room, but I believe they were doing some work on it then -- that was 3 years ago.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 03:06 PM
rlk

Again, for Ross -- more feedback on hotel.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 08:02 AM
dick patterson

To answer my own questions, I was in Positano April 20 and 21 but was unable to dine in the courtyard at Palazzo Murat because it was not yet open for the season -- the weather was a little too cool. Also, they had signs all over the place saying "For Guests Only", but perhaps they take these down once the outdoor dining season starts.

Similarly, I made a long trek in Amalfi to have lunch on the veranda at the Hotel Capuccini Convento (also based on the recommendation in the Fodor's book) but only indoor dining was available at that time. By the way, does anyone know an easy way to walk to the Cappucini Convento from the duomo -- I couldn't find the street that's supposed to let you avoid walking on the road, which goes through tunnels, etc.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 07:01 PM
az

You have to go to the plaza a level above the main plaza in front of the Duomo to get to the street (Via Annuziatella) that leads to C. Convento. The steps up from the upper plaza are not marked by the street name, but rather by a church name (which I don't recall), but once you get on the steps, you will see Via A. on the doors along the way. It is a long walk, w. many steps at the beginning, but a beautiful view.