Paging DeborahAnn

Nov 28th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Paging DeborahAnn

DeborahAnn,
I know you are back from your trip to Rome, and I dying to know if you had a good time! I was there at the same time. I wandered past the Hotel Arenula and wished aloud to myself that I hope you had a good stay there!

Can't wait to compare notes with you!
Nov 28th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:50 PM

ttt!
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:28 PM

If faredolce is still around, I hope you will not be too disappointed if I tell you we ended up staying at the Nicolas Inn a B&B on Via Cavour which was a perfect fit for us.

My husband and I enjoyed Rome with some "reservations" I was however, reminded that I have one fantastic husband.

This became evident our first night in Rome during a nighttime rain deluge when we were soaked to the skin without umbrellas, totally lost on the streets of Rome because I was in such a rush to get a first look of Rome that we never took notice of landmarks around our B&B. Just like New York City, taxis seem to melt away with the rain My DH never said an unkind word or berated me, the memory of which, like a MasterCard, is priceless.

I discovered and fell in love with Bernini but left Rome disappointed I didn't feel the passion of Rome so many at Fodor's enjoy.

Hopefully I will find it in Venice, Florence or the Tuscan countryside which we anticipate visiting in May 2007

I didn't do a trip report because I was afraid on "paper" I would come across as being negative and the trip certainly had more positives than negatives but I just didn't get whatever it is about Rome that draws everyone back .

Sorry, this probably wasn't the answer you were expecting.

faredolce, I do thank you for you help and your kind thoughts, Deborah
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:53 PM

Congrats on a great hubby!
Jun 15th, 2006, 04:50 PM

starrsville, he's one in a gazillion Deborah