Reload this Page >

Pack & Ship from Italy

Search

Pack & Ship from Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 06:40 AM
Nancy

Pack & Ship from Italy

We are planning on packing and shipping some of our clothes and gifts home from Italy so that we do not have to check our baggage on the way home. Anybody know of any places to pack and ship near Bologna, Rome or Almalfi? <BR>Thanks

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 08:28 AM
Seamus

Nancy- <BR>We had no problem locating FedEx and others in the phone book, but do be aware that the cost is quite steep and delivery time fairly lengthy!

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 09:28 AM
Nancy

Thanks. Could you get boxes and shipping supplies easily? Did you use a Fed Ex account over there?

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 02:51 PM
Emma

to the top

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 05:57 PM
rolling

you can ship an $8 t-shirt for $9 easily. <BR>

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Paulo

I shipped stuff from Italy several times. Always ellected to use the much cheaper postal service, though. Once delivery time varies from 2 to 3 months, I use to pack clothes and shoes I won't need when returning, books and printed matter. In other words, nothing people may get interested in ... not to have any surprises. I always got my stuff intact (here in Brazil where the chances of stuff disapering are larger than shippig to the US). Boxes may not weight over 20kg. Last time up I payed Lit 65,000 for a 20kg box. This may have gone up some 10-15% since. Can't help you regarding packing material once I have relatives down there that own a wholesale business and have all one could need readily available. <BR> <BR>Paulo