overnight train from nice to rome

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Bernie

overnight train from nice to rome

I have two questions on doing the overnight train from Nice to Rome - we plan to do this in late April. Any help would be appreciated.

1st - If I pick a first-class sleeper (double), is there a shower in the car somewhere (I realize there is none in my compartment)? Or just a shared toilet for the car?

2nd - This train seems to make a lot of stops. Will there be a ton of noise from people getting on and off train (walking down car, etc)., or are the sleeping cars pretty full a couple of stops into it? We both sleep hard, but is getting sleep a pipe dream here?

Thanks in advance.
Bernie

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Greg

Bernie,

Occasionally there will be a shower for the car, but usually not big enough to actually shower in. There will be a WC and washroon for each car, but I have never run into a very clean one. It all depends on the train and how things are going that day with the staff.

If you leave Nice at 8:35 there is a non-stop to Rome arriving at 6:44, train #D369. If you are a hard sleeper you should be OK. The noise can be eliminated with ear plugs, it's the movement that is more of a problem. That's the fun of traveling on the night train. Have a good trip.

Greg

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 05:12 PM
bernie

Thanks for your response Greg - much appreciated.