Outlet Shopping in Zurich

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there in outlet shops in or near Zurich?
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you mean clothes, not really, there is a place selling some Gucci and Armani stuff, it’s a little too fashion-forward for me, but might be worth a look. It’s not too far from the train station, to the west of the Bahnhofstrasse:

Le Mouton a Cinq Pattes
Usteristrasse 23

There used to be a Trois Pommes outlet store in the old town, but I don’t believe it is open any longer.

A lot of Swiss people go to Germany to buy furniture and even groceries because it is cheaper, but I assume you mean clothing outlets.

The really well-known place for clothes is FoxTown Factory Stores, this in right near the Italian border in the Tocino region of Switzerland. This would be about a 3.5 hour train ride from Zurich, a very pretty ride. I have never been, but plenty of Swiss go. They supposedly have a very good selction of Guicci, Armani, Prada and most most imporantly Hanro, the great (and expensive) Swiss underwear. I don’t think that with only 2 days in Switzerland I would bother with outlet shopping (take a train up to the Alps!).

FoxTown Factory Stores
Via Angelo Maspoli 18
Mendrisio, Switzerland
http://www.foxtown.ch/home.html

Don’t forget that all prices include a 7.6% sales tax. You have to spend CH400 at a time (i.e. in one shop ) to be able to even be able to claim a refund, and you avhe to rpesent the goods at the airprot to get the refund, so keep all your receipts and goods together when you get to the airport.

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 12:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For clothes shopping, my friends are now going to the Luino, Italy, market once a year for all their funky things. The market is open on Wednesdays. About 3.5 hours away by train.