Open apology to fodors / fodorites

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been posting on this forum for a little over a year and I have only now begun to realize that my brand of humor doesn't translate well. I have been accused of being snotty and falsly presenting myself as an expert. I have been accused of lying and presenting information so out-date that it was misinformation. And more than once, posts following mine have started out &quot;you can ignore Snoopy's comment . . . &quot; <BR><BR>I am not at all thin skinned, but I am compassionate and if I have injured egos, walked on emotions, or otherwise harmfully tripped a trigger or two, I am sorry. This morning I launched a mild verbal assault toward an individual who posts quite frequently here on certain regions of Europe and whether or not I think that individual is a jerk (she is) . . . oops! Very sorry!Again . . . whether or not I think that individual is a jerk, this is not forum for expressing that opinion nor is this the type of comment that I am proud to make.<BR><BR>I am again regretful for having made the comment and my only purpose for posting these comments is . . . well . . . I can't honestly say why. Anyway, I'm sorry and I wish I could suffer fools a little more lightly. Dang, there I go again. Sorry. Really. I mean it this time. Really. I do.<BR><BR>
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 10:51 AM
rhtt

You dawg, you. But thanks for the regrets. And not to worry - I'm sure all the egos have survived you.

Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:03 AM

<BR>I would usually forgive most anyone named Snoopy so I wouldnt worry about being harsh now and then.<BR>While I would hate to be called a jerk, it is nice that you at least cared enough to say something
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:11 AM

I should think so. You are supercilious and you deal in irony, which appears to be banned in the US I(is that a special amendment in the Constitution? Congress shall make no law ....abridging the freedom of speech...but always under exception of the use of irony?)<BR><BR>And I doubt if Bill Posters will ever forgive you. <BR><BR>I don't know who you were rude to (that's unforgiveable) but it hardly puts you in a minority around here.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:20 AM

Sheila, irony banned in the U.S.? Perhaps now it is, but considering the fact that slavery existed until the 1860s while the Declaration of Independence proudly declared that &quot;all men are created equal&quot; one might argue that the United States was founded on the principle of irony.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Now I'm really in trouble. Shiela has discovered my real name and my profession: I am Mr. Haughty Disdain, Seller of Irony.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:23 AM

Hi Snoopy, <BR><BR>Well, I don't know which post has the referenced mild verbal assault, but your apology made me curious about what you have said here , so I searched by your name. I didn't see anything that would have offended me (I'm thick-skinned too), and some of your posts made me laugh - so maybe you and I have the same sarcastic sense of humor. I didn't see the &quot;jerk&quot; reference, though (must not be indexed yet), but I am glad you are apologizing for it. As you said, this is not the place for that. I disagree with your politics, but I won't insult you over it! <BR><BR>I am not an expert on a lot of the areas you posted about, so I can't comment on your accuracy, but it looked to me like you usually give pretty straight forward answers. <BR><BR>Also, I liked your getting lost story in Ireland (I believe it was Ireland?) because you forgot the name of your hotel.<BR><BR>Anyway, keep posting and happy travels!
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:37 AM

Caop; LOL<BR><BR>Just goes to show I'm right. It must have been banned in the 42nd amendment. I'm stopping now. I'm on my third glass of Lagavulin, and the urge to take the p*** is overwhelming, but 4 years on here has taught me, like Snoopy, that my humour is often not appreciated.<BR><BR>I will NEVER for get my first post.... Or the reaction.....
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:41 AM

Thought you might appreciate that, Sheila.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:53 AM

publish &amp; be damned !<BR><BR>peter<BR>http://tlp.netfirms.com<BR><BR>
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
OK Sheila, tell me about your first post.<BR>I didn't own a computer 4 years ago.<BR>By the way, I saw a car with the legend<BR>&quot;snuff Snoopy&quot;<BR>jeez I wouldn't go that far!!!
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 12:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
P.S. Capo-strano you are always amusing, and you Scarlet always loved pups and Sheila, what is that drink?<BR>
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 12:13 PM

cigalechanta - Lagavulin is single-malt scotch; the good stuff. Still rather early for that sort of thing in my part of the world (particularly on a Monday), but I've got my sites set on a nice bottle of syrah later....
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 12:21 PM

<BR><BR>Que syrah syrah: What will be, will be better with wine!
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 01:42 PM

This thread is bizarre. I will have to re-register as Dali.<BR><BR>Someone posted a thread under the question<BR><BR>&quot;At what age is it safe to take children to Europe?&quot;<BR><BR>And I replied that thousands were born here every year with no apparent ill-effects..<BR><BR>I got my head in my hands to play with
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 01:49 PM

Sheila,<BR><BR>I didn't see the thread, but do you think they may have meant the adults age, rather than the kids age?<BR><BR>ie: If you've hit some certain age, are you far too likely to lose it if traveling with unruly children? Safety first, after all.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 02:01 PM

Ack; make that &quot;sights&quot; above.... Bad day for typos here.<BR><BR>Sheila - I consider that both a clever and perfectly reasonable response!
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 07:45 PM

Sheila - you don't have to apologize for being<BR><BR>SCOTTISH !!<BR><BR>Holly Dewar
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 09:50 PM

I think I remember that thread. Can anybody pull it up?
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 12:39 PM

Hey, Holly!! When are you coming to visit your homeland?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -