Reload this Page >

Online shopping French products?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Kathleen

Can anyone recommend online shopping sites for things from France? Not gourmet food, but items such as tableware, scarves, books. Thanks for any and all help!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:56 PM
xxx

Here's one: http://www.frenchselections.com/<BR><BR>I've never ordered from it, but I've heard it's very good.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:57 PM
mimi taylor

www.brittanybyways.com<BR>www.posters2france.com<B R>www.essencedeprovence.com<BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Sue

www.the-french-touch.com

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Farrah

OK - a chain but,<BR>www.laredoute.fr<BR>www.3suisses.fr

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Lil

I have ordered from http://www.amazon.fr, books and CDs, about 3 weeks to the West Coast.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Farrah

www.fnac.fr - books and cd's, even travel and entertainment.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 02:21 AM
Elsa

I didn't check all the suggested websites, but how do the prices (in the end) work - including taxes, shipping, and handling charges as compared to buying the article (if you can find the same thing) in the USA?

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:57 AM
Betsy

An old Fodor favorite: http://www.babiole.com/

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Danna

Sorry to intrude on Kathleen's post, but I WOULD be interested in online French food! Thanks.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:02 AM
C

I think L'Occitane is on-line. I wish I'd bought more from them when I saw the store in Paris to use as birthday gifts etc, through the year.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:13 AM
elaine

Here are some more French shopping websites, including food. Also note that the big museums like the Orsay and the Louvre have their gift shops on line as well.<BR><BR>www.myfrenchstore.com gifts, food <BR>www.bleu-lavande.com products from Provence, <BR>www.loccitane.com <BR>www.frenchsoaps.com<BR>www.franceandus.com products, videos, news<BR>www.1france.com shopping hints, culture, buy products including food and posters<BR><BR>www.frenchselections.com specialty foods, fragrances, candles, books<BR>www.chapitre.com books in French<BR>www.galerieslafayette.com Galeries Lafayette dept store<BR>www.goutsdefrance.com French food products<BR>www.hediard.fr<BR>

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:18 AM
elaine

sorry for the repeat on <BR>frenchselections

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:20 AM
mimi taylor

FOR DANNA, I order from<BR>www.frenchselections.com<BR>The owner Sylvaine is very helpful

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:21 AM
not l'occitane

L'occitane is all over the US now - when I originally found it years back it was a great thing to buy and bring back - now there are stores in nyc (and i am sure other cities) and i have seen it isn little specialty shops in at least 3 different towns/cities

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:13 AM
C

Oops, sorry about suggesting l'occitane. I don't live in the USA and we don't have one here.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:21 AM
xxx

The frenchselection site (a.k.a. joie de vivre) that I listed in the first post after your question is for all French things, but it's based in the US, California, I think.<BR><BR>Occitane IS available by mail order.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:23 AM
xxxx

To answer your question about shipping -- I ordered some sunglasses on an Italian website (I'm sure it would be similar on the French sites), and the shipping rates are fairly high. They charge you in Euros (no tax) and it gets converted on your credit card. It took about a week for delivery.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Christina

Here is one that has a variety of items from several countries, including France: www.aninternationalstyle.com<BR><BR>I've never ordered from this, it's mainly minor items, decorative and table linens, etc, but I think I perused their Gault miniatures and the prices are very good, about what you pay in Paris (even after shipping is added). I get another catalog in the mail from a company in Maryland that only sells French items, but they don't have a web site. They have a much wider selection of things, but not food, as I recall.<BR><BR>Books you can get on lots of web sites, in additon to FNAC and Amazon, there are also www.bol.fr and www.alapage.com I believe they may have CDs also.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Kathleen

Thanks, everyone, for all the great suggestions! This ex-surfer girl's gonna be busy doing a different kind of surfin' tonight, in a bathrobe instead of that itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny, yellow polka dot bikini.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -