Reload this Page >

One night between DINGLE and SHANNON?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:05 AM
KEC

Hello all,<BR>Thanks for the help and suggestions that have been given to me so far (especially from Mina!). I am working on narrowing down an itinerary for my trip to Ireland in 4 weeks (I'm SO excited!).<BR><BR>So far, my tentative itinerary looks like this:<BR><BR>Day 1 : Arrive Shannon airport - drive to <BR> Galway - sleep in Galway<BR>Day 2 : explore Galway &amp; sleep there<BR>Day 3 : drive to Doolin &amp; sleep there<BR>Day 4 : drive to Dingle - sleep in Dingle<BR>Day 5 : explore Dingle area - sleep Dingle<BR>Day 6 : ???<BR>Day 7 : depart from Shannon airport<BR><BR>My question is, where would you recommend spending the last night before leaving from Shannon the next day?<BR><BR>Also, we are using a Sceptre package, which includes B&amp;B vouchers and a first night in Two Mile Inn in Limerick. We are considering skipping Limerick and heading straight for Galway. Any thoughts on this?<BR><BR>I appreciate any advice that is offered.<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR>Keri

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 02:23 PM
topping

topping for Keri.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Greg

How about Adare. It is about 3 hours from Dingle and about 45 minutes from Shannon airport with light traffic.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 03:59 PM
kam

Kinvara, Killorgin, Ballyvaughan or Adare. All lovely, all easy drive to Shannon.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:00 PM
swood

Limerick, yuck. King John's city. Don't even think of it as Irish.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:10 PM
cd

Check with Sceptre and see if they will reinburse you for that first night. Tell them you want to spend your first night in Galway. We did this with Brian Moore Tours and they reinbursed us. Actually, you can drive to Doolin that first day and enjoy seeing the Cliffs of Moher, spend the night and then drive by way of the Bay of Galway all the way to Galway the next day. It is a wonderful drive! We splurged the night before we left Shannon by staying at Dromoland castle. It is close to the airport and a real castle made into a hotel. We enjoyed staying there and walking the grounds. (it is a good idea to take thermal underwear in order to make sure you are warm)

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 09:32 AM
KEC

Thank you all for the replies. <BR><BR>I did try to get reimbursed from Sceptre, but they said that they couldn't do it because it is part of the package. I really don't mind paying for one night somewhere though. <BR><BR>From everything that I have read, it seems like a good idea to skip Limerick and head to Galway (especially since we have precious little time). My only concern is that we will be too tired from the overnight flight to drive right to Galway. Any thoughts on this?<BR><BR>Thanks for all of the suggestions so far; I will look into all of them.<BR><BR>Sincerely,<BR>Keri

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 10:11 AM
cd

kec<BR>Doolin is just 1 1/2 to 2 hrs from Shannon airport and the Cliffs are only 10-15 min from Doolin. You could even take an afternoon nap in your B&amp;B and take in the music in the pubs in the evening. Completely doable that first day and a fresh start the next morning for Galway.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Lillie Harty

I suggest you book into a B and B near Shannon and visit Bunratty Castle Folk Park for a few hours followed by a medieval dinner in the castle.Very different to anything in the U.S.A.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 05:42 PM
itsmlf

I highly suggest Ennis......and a great B&amp;B called Kilmoon House on Kildysart Road...although it may be closed in Nov...or plan a trip to Clifden..great city. My fav place in the world is Doolin...the music is great at Oconnors Pub