Reload this Page >

One Day Trip AVE (Cordobe-Sevilla)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 08:18 AM
Dave

Would it be pushing it too much, taking an early morning train from MADRID to CORDOBA, taking a half day tour in CORDOBA, then going onto SEVILLA spend a few hours touring, dinner in SEVILLA and then taking a late train back to MADRID ? <BR>Could I see enough in both cities to make it worth my time ?<BR>

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 08:29 AM
Henry

Dave: As I recall the trip from Madrid to Seville is about 3 hrs.I have never been to Cordoba but I don't think you can do justice to Seville in only a few hours.If you are based in Madrid why not do a side-trip to a closer city and save Cordoba & Seville for another trip.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 08:57 AM
Brian in Atlanta

The Madrid - Seville trip is 2.5 hours. You could do Cordoba or maybe Seville in one day, but not both.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 09:03 AM
Monica

And I'd recommend an overtnight stay (or 2) in Seville. It's great in the evening!

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:13 AM
Maribel

Dave,<BR>Yes, it would be pushing it way, way, way too much! While it's possible to do a superficial visit to Seville via AVE in one day, scratching the mere surface of all the treasures the city offers, to add Cordoba would just give you no time to do either city justice. I agree with Monica; Seville deserves at least 2 nights, although 3-4 would be even better! It's a captivating, charming city. And like Henry, I'd suggest that while you're based in Madrid, to day trip to Segovia or Toledo instead. They are both very worthy of a full day.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:57 AM
JohnG

Good god, Dave, please don't do Cordoba and Seville in a day, you will miss too much. I would go to Seville over Cordoba because there is more to see and it is a much more vibrant city. The beautiful tiled buildings are unforgetable. But, I hope you are not going to visit Seville or Cordoba and forsake Toledo and Segovia. If I had my way I would definitely visit Toledo and Segovia before the other two. Toledo is worth the trip alone to see the El Greco, "Death of Count Orgaz." And Segovia has that wonderful aquaduct and a magnificient cathedral, plus the views are breathtaking. OK, that's my 2 cents.