On line air fares?

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 02:09 PM
hailey

On line air fares?

I hope someone can help me. I got a great price quote on a flight from DC to London. However I misplaced the companys name as well as phone number. This company was not a known name like orbitz or travelocity, priceline etc I got it off the computer when I hit keyword:cheap flights. Than I had to key in what dates I was going etc. After submitting this the company e mailed me back in a day with the detailsand a phone number. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 02:23 PM
Thyra

Could it have been cheaptickets.com????
I've used them in the past.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Maira

Sounds like flights.com They do e-mailed back w/details and phone number in New Jersey (201 area code?). The confusion may be stemming from the fact they used to be TISS.com

I guess the e-mail may list the link, wouldn't you think? Good luck. I had good experience with them, for what is worth.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 06:24 PM
hailey

Thanks for your help. I know its not cheaptickets but Maira I will try yours. Yes, I could look at my e mail and get in contact with them that way but mysteriously it vanished. I don't know how because I didn't delete it and I kept it as new. THis is just not my day. Thanks again.

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 11:10 AM
Ann

Hailey-what was the fare?

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 03:38 PM
Hailey

Ann the fare was $270 and just try to get that fare anywhere else. I am so mad at myself for not acting right than and there and calll them back immediately. Unfortunatly the flights.com that Maira spoke of did have a fare of $270 as well but they are sold out. I know this was not the place I contacted because the airlines was a European aircraft.

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Christina

Hailey, this is a long shot, but are you aware of the "history" function on your browser? It will list the URLs you've been at within some given time period in the past, so you can perhaps find the place you emailed. I wasn't aware of it for a long time, but it's there. On MS Explorer for example, it's called "history" on the bar with back, stop, refresh, etc; click on it and you can view by day for current week, then by week for up to 7 wks ago (at least on my version you can). If you have Netscape, the history should be found if you go into "Tasks" on the top bar, then choose "Tools" then "History". My history on my Netscape browser goes back months. YOu can also Search within the history from one of those other buttons on top.

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 06:49 PM
hailey

Christina thanks for the great idea. I totally forgot! I'm still basically illiterate when it comes to the computer. I don't think aol goes back that far. Good news is that I found discountfares.com and they are quoting me a price of 280 plus tax. on AirCanada. I've never used them before so I might still be searching. Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 11:51 AM
Christina

oh, you have AOL, well, that can be tricky. I have AOL at home and they override or modify the MS browser and make it worse than it is so some functions aren't easily available. I'm not at home so can't see and I'm not sure if they have a history function, but I don't think you can alter font size, for example, with AOL browser. Just a tip for the future, you can actually install a regular MSIE (or Netscape, I think) browser on your computer which you can use even when you are logged into AOL, rather than the dopey AOL browser; just minimize AOL, then click on the other icon. For now, glad you found something cheap.

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 06:29 AM
Hailey

Christina thanks for all your suggestions. I'm still not computer savy,if you haven't realized that yet.The world needs more helpful, thoughtful people like you. Again thanks a lot.