Oludeniz

Old Oct 30th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oludeniz

I'm looking at booking a cheap holiday next Spring and have found a package to Oludeniz that seems to meet the bill. However, we are not real sun/beach lovers and a day or so just sitting around admiring the view will be quite enough for us. Is it easy to get to other places from there - we'd like to see some of the local life and historic sites, and get a peaceful day away from it all too. Is it going to be full of sunburnt boozy Brit Sun-readers? Is it a good base for getting to see other places by bus/boat/dolmus? (bearing in mind that we are very limited by budget - the weeks's package is costing us £200 each, about the same as just the flights if we were to go independently as usual - so we can't be too fussy about where we end up).
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 02:54 AM

Hi Nona - I suspect using public transport would probably mean going into Fetiye each time by dolmus - and then out from there.

But like all the main resorts, I'm sure you'll find various tours bookable through the local travel agencies - e.g Lycian rock tombs, Tlos, Saklikent Gorge, Patara, Kalkan, Dalyan ...

http://www.fethiye.net/fethiye_peng6.html

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 04:04 AM

I m in Kusadasi right now. If you guys are not beach lovers Oludeniz is not a good place for you to stay. Ephesus which is Turkey's best ruins is like 10 miles from here. You can write [email protected] about that. He can tell much more about that than me.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 10:48 PM

If staying in Olu Deniz be sure to look at Kaya Koyu an old abandoned Greek village about 15-20 outside of Fethiye. The public transportation is very good running between all area.

Look here for more info about Kaya Koyu
http://www.kayakoy.net/indexeng.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/holiday/destina...ye/index.shtml
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 12:21 PM

Hisaronu may be better for you. It's in the mountains and roughly half way between Fethiye and Olu Deniz so easy dolmus trip to both. Good choice of restaurants too.