Olu Deniz, Turkey.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 10:34 AM
trudy

Olu Deniz, Turkey.

has anyone here been to either the Belcekiz Beach Hotel or the Karbel Hotel? Also, Olu Deniz looks idyllic in the brochures, can anyone tell me their experience there?

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 12:06 PM
maria

don't even bother to go to Olu Deniz. I made the same mistake, was fascinated by the brochures. it was a huge disappointment.
Note: I went in August and the place was packed with locals.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Susan

I wouldn't call it idyllic - it is busy and touristy, but it's also quite beautiful. We stayed a couple of nights in Fethiye (which is quite close to Olu Deniz) and 1 night in Olu Deniz itself. I know there are nicer beaches, but I was glad we stopped there. I also liked Fethiye - pleasant town.

Maybe it's just the wording in the previous post, but did the fact that it was packed with locals contribute to the disappointment? That seems like a very odd statement!

BTW, we were there in September 2000.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 01:29 PM
anon

susan
yes I found the wording strange also! Personally, a place full of the locals would be quite appealing!

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 10:21 PM
trudy

thanks for your views Maria and Susan. Anyone else?

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 11:50 PM
debby

Oludeniz is not beautiful as it was but you can go to private beaches instead of the public beach(one of them is the beach of SUNCITY HOTEL)but I recommend you to go to BELCEGIZ(the sea is beautiful)not too much crowded.Take a daily bout tour(12 islands) and visit Kayakoy.Sorr but I have no idea about the hotels.I can recommend a small pension run by a turkish woman and her french husband(very kind people)but it is far from centre and a very very quite place.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 07:57 AM
trudy

thanks Debby for the tip about the beaches.We are taking a package tour so we are limited in the hotel choice.