Offbeat stops in Killarney?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2003, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Killarney the last few days of April - can anyone make recommendations for that town - pubs, dinner, fine shops without the tourist nonsense, off-beaten-path places in town? I already have plans for the Natl. Parks, a Dingle day and the Ring. Also, where's the best place away from the city lights to stargaze without getting lost coming back to town?
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 09:09 AM

Philly:<BR><BR>Wish I could help you there, but I've never spent much time in Killarney. I think Kathcoll, (i think thats the name she uses here) may have some infor on that. If you don't get any info here, ask Michele at www.irelandyes.com or do to irelandexpert.com. You should get some info there.<BR><BR>Bill
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 09:40 AM

For restaurants, if you want &quot;where the locals go&quot; try the Flesk restaurant ( near Sheehans/Grand hotel) - It is actually run by an ex-pat, and is an American Legion post! Good food , good prices. <BR><BR>We didn't make it to Harrigans, but they are supposed to have great Pub food.<BR><BR>Sheehans has Traditional Irish music every night. Danny Mann's has music every night too, but it varies. If you are there on a Tues or Thurs - stop in for the Irish Weavers. They were GREAT. The Granary - by the Tourist Info shop, also has live music.<BR><BR>Enjoy - I did - I love Killarney.<BR>Debbie
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 10:32 AM

Bricin's is great for more traditional Irsih dishs. I also agree with the Flesk. For a place to Kick back and see the stars try Aghadoe Hill just NW of town
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Ardfert

I have enjoyed having dinner in Hotel Europe about three miles west of Killarney on the road to Killorglin.There is a beautiful view over the Lake as you enjoy your meal.