Search

OF PARIS, TRAINS, AND LUGGAGE

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OF PARIS, TRAINS, AND LUGGAGE

Good Afternoon All
We will be arriving and leaving Paris going to both Bayeux, and Nice (long story). The question centers around two railway stations in Paris - Gare St Lazare, and Gare du Lyon. My question is do they have lockers or storage areas in these stations to leave luggage for a day or two at a time?
Later, we will be going from Savona, Italy to Paris with a couple or three intervening days in Switzerland. Can one check luggage in Savona for Paris (Gare du Lyon) with any expectation that it will be there when we get to Paris three days later? My wife thinks she has read where that is possible, but it sounds awfully risky to me. Anyone ever done this???? Thanks.
shrink
Old May 30th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

OK -- one more time.....please
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:30 PM

Do a search on Paris lockers. You might be able to find some info.
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:58 PM

The Gare de Lyon has lockers in a supervised room. Luggage is passed through a scanner. I think the lockers keep luggage for 72 hours, after which it may be removed for storage elsewhere.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 02:46 PM

Hi Shrink, My husband and I just got back from Paris and stored some luggage at Gare du Lyon. We had a locker to fit a 26" and a 22" suitcase, and if memory serves me correctly, it was 9.5 euros for 72 hours. If you don't have change, there is a machine inside the locker facility to get bills changed. It was also the same price at Gare du Nord.
Have a good trip!
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:42 PM
rex

Also just returned from using the "Consignes" (this is what you need to look for on the signage) at Gare de Lyon. It seemed to me to be a LONG shlep from the front of the building - - where the Air France buses to/from CDG pick up, for example.

I was a bit chagrined at the price chart when I first saw it - - 3.5 euro for "small", 6 for "medium" and 8 for "large" (fearing that this meant per bag, because it used a word that I do/did not know - - I've forgotten what it was) - - but one "large" held our two 22" rollaboards and two rather substantial carry-on bags (duffels of a medium size). I'm not sure about the 9.5 euro price cited by "bluenose". Other details (scanning required, 72 hours limit, attended by personnel) cited by GeoffH match what I saw.

Best wishes,

Rex