November weather in Barcelona

Oct 29th, 2000, 10:24 AM
Yuriy

November weather in Barcelona

Hi
I'm going to Barcelona in the end of November
for 4 days.Has anybody been there at that time of year?Perhaps you could give me a couple of hints on what type of weather should I expect and is the city windy although knowing that it is at the coast it should be
Thanks a lot.

Nov 1st, 2000, 11:20 AM
zzz

someone answer him please?

Nov 1st, 2000, 12:44 PM
Jean Valjean

Unfortunately, November has to be the worst time of the year to visit Barcelona. Last year, on Nov. 8, it even snowed. If you are lucky, you may expect temperatures around 15-18 celsius, but they will most probably be below 10 celsius.

It shouldn't be really windy, though.

Have a nice trip and good luck!

Nov 1st, 2000, 12:55 PM
siobhain

I went last year first week in December. The snow they had in Nov. 99, is not a common occurrence.
December was cool but plenty of sunshine. The locals played ball games on the beach in shorts and at times I did not need a coat.
There are far less people around at that time of year which will give you opportunity to explore Barcelona at ease. Barcelona is wonderful. Guadi was a fantastic artist although I wasn't that impressed with the ol' cathedral (I think I'm the only one!). J.Miro museum is worth seeing, oodles to see.
Have a fab time.

Nov 1st, 2000, 01:06 PM
Yuriy

Thank you guys I really appreciate
your help.
Also maybe some of you been on football(soccer) game.It just happens
to be that Barca is playing on 26 and
I heard that it's really worth seeing
in Spain.May be you know if stadium
is far from the center?
In any event thanks for your answers

Nov 1st, 2000, 05:21 PM
Pedro

The stadium is a bit far from the downtown but the efficient metro system can take you there easily. The weather is generally good, cool but not rainy, max. temp. around 15 and min 6-10.
Have a good trip!

Nov 1st, 2000, 06:55 PM
Yuriy

Thanks again to everybody.You've been
very helpful

Nov 2nd, 2000, 08:07 AM
Jean Valjean

About going to a football game, unfortunately it is very close to impossible. 90% of the tickets are sold before the season starts, and the few that are for sale go like 2 weeks before the match. If it is not an attractive game, you may be lucky...

Nov 2nd, 2000, 01:47 PM
m.tyner

I just got back from Barcelona (10/20-10/29). It rained the first couple days then blew out and the sky ranged from cloudy to clear for the rest of my trip - it was warm (75F) and humid. The only suggestion I have is if you're wanting to have some nice dinners - make reservation a day or two in advance - the desk clerk should be able to do it for you. The restaurants Fodors recommended (except for El Convent and Taxerdimista) were all really good - if I had to pick: Casa Calvet, Can Gaig and even though not listed, Citrus (on the Pass. de Gracia, near the Casa Mila). It's a beautful city - the people are a tad stiff, but from what I understand, the rest of Spain considers Barcelonians to be snobby.

Nov 2nd, 2000, 09:03 PM
Yuriy

Don't count on 75,if around 60 is fine
About football game,-they play with
Osasuna which is at the bottom so may be
it's the case when there's possibility to get tickets.
By the way I speak a little Spanish.
Which one is more widespread there
Spanish or Catalonian?(Pardon me if I
spelled the last one incorrectly)
Thanks to those who's not tired to continue this conversation.