Reload this Page >

November in Paris

Search

November in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 1998, 04:57 PM
Gerri

November in Paris

My sister-in-law and I will be travelling to Paris November 6 for a week. Would like to know, will it be chilly - cold - gray - rainy <BR>-- it will be wonderful for us no matter what but we are trying to plan for wardrobe. Will jackets or sweaters suffice or will we need a winter coat. Any help much appreciated.

Old Aug 27th, 1998, 06:05 PM
JOAN DOYLE

Dear Gerri: I can almost guarantee you, it will be chilly AND rainy. Rain at least half the time--but as you say, it's PARIS!). It's the cheap season for air fares so I go often. Take a raincoat with a good liner (mine has a down one that can be zipped out); also take comfortable rubber-soled walking shoes, an umbrella, two or three pull-over sweaters, a few turtle-neck cotton shirts, and one moderately dressy outfit--little black dress and low-heeled pumps. That should get you by nicely anywhere in Paris. Bon voyage! Joan

Old Aug 28th, 1998, 04:38 AM
elaine

Ditto for rain and chill, which I have encountered in Paris at all seasons of the year. Layering is best, and a good raincoat with removable lining is essential. When I travel I always take what I call "rain shoes" which is an old comfortable but still decent-looking pair of low-heeled pumps or flats that I use at home for rainy days when I need to look semi-dressed. I take them when I travel so that I don't have to resort to wearing sneakers or ruining a newer pair of shoes. If the rain shoes get ruined after a week's trip, I'm willing to sacrifice them. <BR>

Old Aug 28th, 1998, 11:44 AM
gorczynski, m

Have been their in the winter a travel with a small suitcase. Usually take wool sweaters and slacks, comfortable shoes with soft soles, and one dressy outfit. A fur coat, if you have one, definitely fits in and is worth dragging along. I always take a sweat suit to curl up in to recover in the hotel room from all that walking. Gym shoes definitely point you out as a tourist. Have fun

Old Aug 29th, 1998, 04:23 AM
Patricia Grbcich

I was in Paris Nov. 12th-19th in 1996. <BR>It never rained but some of the time it was gray. We had some really beautiful days too. On Nov. 15th there was snow in the forecast but it never did snow. I hope you have nice weather and I know you will enjoy the trip. <BR>