Reload this Page >

North Portaguese Coast - Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 03:16 AM
Graeme

Hi Graeme here, off on another European tour. Can anyone help or suggest a quaint little place to stay near Porto. Really would like to get the feel of Portugal over a 3 day stay then off to Barcelona. Places of interest and bed and breakfast, if cheaper, rather than hotel. Want to spend some time on a beach. Leaving around 6th of April.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 05:03 AM
Maira

Viana Do Castelo is about 45 minutes north of Porto and a beautiful seaside medieval village. There we stayed at an apartment rental place 300 meters from the beach. The place address is: <BR> <BR>Apartamentos Sandy-Mar <BR>(058) 322982, <BR>J. Reis Vieira- Rua F Lote 9A <BR>Praia do Cabedelo <BR>4900 Viana Do Castelo <BR> <BR>We paid $35/one-bedroom apartment (early May). The place has a pool, and barbecue facilities. Clean, comfortable, the owners were very nice and courteous people. Also, the tourism office at Viana were very, very helpful. I loved every second of it. Do mot miss to visit the Church of Santa Lucia. Breathtaking views. Another nearby town is Lima or even Efife (beautiful, beautiful beaches). Please Graeme, don't hesitate to ask if you'll like details.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 05:16 AM
XXX

I too, am off for Portugal in May-June for a large birthday party weekend with friends. I have NO idea what to wear to sightsee during the day other than a black dress to the party? Any suggestions? I'm only used to Parisian dressing I'm afraid...it can't be similar in Portugal in late May can it?

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 05:27 AM
Maira

Clothing standards around coastal towns in Portugal were pretty casual; shorts, T-shirts, cotton blouses, sandals. However, if doing sightseeing, I would NOT wear shorts, non-sleeve shirts or see-through outfits to explore cathedrals, churches, monasteries, even small villages where there may be the possibility that this type of wear could offend. Comfortable, light fabric pants with comfortable shirt should be fine.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 05:35 AM
wendy

Maira! <BR> <BR>Thanks a million! <BR> <BR>I too am going and this is just what I needed to know. I take it it WILL be warm!