Normandy D-Day Audioguide Tour

Jul 6th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Original Poster

Normandy D-Day Audioguide Tour

I have no experience with this audioguide tour or the tour company that sells it.

I just came across it on another messageboard (rec.travel.europe) and saw that it was a new item (June '08) that they offered and thought it might be of interest to someone.

I don't follow the French Board or read Normandy/D-Day posts so I don't know if these type of audioguide tours are common or not.
http://normandy-tour-guide.cpmac.com/audio-guide.php3
Regards, Walter
Jul 5th, 2010, 02:06 AM

I have seen several posts that say you can do a self-drive tour of the Normandy D-Day sites with an audioguide (audio guide). Has anyone actually used one? If yes, how did it work out for you? Which one did you use (the one mentioned above is the only one I know of)? The guide that produced this particular audio guide is named Colin P McGarry. He also hires out as a tour guide in the Normandy area, mostly through travel agencies. Has anybody ever used him as a guide? I've read all the posts about which professional tour guide services are recommended and have chosen one as a "back-up" plan, but my first inclination is to do a self-drive tour with the aid of an audioguide. I have plenty of time to read and do research before we go.