Reload this Page >

Non-stop vs layover flights from LAX to Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 10:21 AM
darlene

Interested to see anyone's opinion on non-stop flights vs layover flights from LAX to Paris. Which is preferred and why. Also would like to know opinions on time of the day one chooses to do this flights.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 03:36 PM
Ann

We went over the pole to Seattle from Denmark and I'd recommend it highly, versus the long cross-continent and then transatlantic flight. Jet lag is jet lag... but at least you won't have hours and hours on a plane in addition to that.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 03:45 PM
mike

<BR>...and on a layover, your luggage may go to AMS while you go to LAX or CDG. I always take a direct over a layover (unless the choice is a US carrier v. non-US carrier).

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 09:31 PM
Donna

Many folks prefer a connection for the "break". But, I'd rather just get it all over with. If you take a non-stop, walk around the plane several times every couple of hours.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 10:22 PM
Art

Hi Darlene, I always perfer a direct leaving late in the day. That way I can sleep and arrive fresh the next day. <BR>

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 06:34 AM
elvira

Non-stop night flight so 1) I can sleep for 8 hours and arrive mid or late day and 2) as mike pointed out, arrive with my luggage (should I be forced to check it). <BR>If no non-stop available, then I want a really early morning flight to the East Coast departure city, with enough time to go into the city and spend the day, then take an early evening flight to Paris (I do NOT want to spend 5 hours in Newark Airport).