Reload this Page >

Nobody is Going to Spain

Search

Nobody is Going to Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 02:36 AM
xxx

Nobody is Going to Spain

I have read that Spain is the number 2 tourist destination after France and ahead of Italy. <BR>Judging by the lack of Spain posts on this forum recently it appears nobody is going to Spain.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 02:44 AM
cristina

Apparently... but from Spain I can say yes! Lot of people is coming and enjoying our country

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 02:56 AM
Ursula

Spain is among the top three destinations for Europeans! <BR>Has always been and will always be, because it's not far and cheaper than Southern France and certain areas in Italy. Mallorca packages are among the cheapest thing one can get and people keep going. And they are right about it, although I would avoid certain areas in Mallorca such as Palma itself and Cala d'Or which has become an English/German dependence during summer months.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 01:36 PM
mags

Spain is indeed a WONDERFUL vacation spot. Don't be fooled by the lack of responses. It is probably perhaps because it is so much easier to plan a vacation to Spain then to Italy or France. I have been trying to plan for It/Fr for the whole of 2001 and so far it seems impossible (within my budget). Last year I did this for Spain and all went well without a hitch. All arranged on the internet. Hotels,maps, car rentals etc etc.We had a fabulous vacation in Spain and hopefully by next May I may be sucfessful in finalising plans for France/Italy.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Capo

Probably not a good idea to use this one Europe forum to judge how many people visit Spain, or any other European country.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 12:23 AM
Bob The Exterminator

XXX, why do you hide your name, I wonder? You deliberately posted a negative title. Hmmmmmm, could you be the nasty racist named "Robert", who has been bashed by so many people in this forum, for your hateful bigoted remarks towards Spain? Yes, I know it is you! My family and I recently traveled to Spain. And once again, we had an excellent time. Take your racism & prejudices, and crawl back into your dark hole.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 12:50 AM
egg

If you come to England in August you won't find any English people. They're all in Spain.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 04:33 PM
xxx

Bob, <BR>Actually you are quite wrong. I'm not sure why I didn't use my correct name. I am not "Robert" and did not intend my comments as negative towards Spain. <BR> <BR>I was just trying to get all those people who normally contribute to this forum to get back on again. I can use the info. <BR> <BR>I'm planning a trip and will be in Spain in less than 2 months. <BR>

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 04:42 PM
Capo

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded." -- a classic from Yogi Berra

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 05:02 PM
ha!

As always, Capo, you read my mind with your humor. That's one of my favorite Yogi malapropisms.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 08:36 PM
lovespain

Bob, <BR>I am not a racist, just warning travelers, there is nothing wrong with information

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 09:36 AM
Alec

I´ve been in Spain (Costa Brva) now for nearly two weeks and there´s no shortage of happy-looking visitors. Weather is fabulous (over 90F every day) and prices are reasobable, sights as awe-inspiring and Spanish people as friendly as ever. Come and find out for yourself!

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 11:15 AM
Julie

I spent two weeks in Spain this past May. There were plenty of tourists. It's a beautiful country with a lot to offer--music, architecture, history, art, dance, theater, excellent food and wine, nice beaches....

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 11:09 PM
Diana

I find Spain and its people to be quite lovely. I am looking forward to returning this fall. Spain is one of the best countries in Europe. Where did you get this ridiculous notion that no one is going to Spain? Perhaps, many of the fodorites are presently there enjoying a perfectly wonderful vacation.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 06:04 AM
betty

I toooooo agree with the positive comments here. We spent 2 wks there last <BR>Sept/Oct and had a great time. Stayed in Madrid and took lots of day trips. <BR>The food and drinks were wonderful, shopping great and everything reasonably priced, much less that Italy. <BR>The people were very nice and helpful; try it, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 06:18 AM
David

My wife and I spent 2 weeks in Spain last August (Madrid, Cordoba, Granada, Marbella and Seville) we had a great time. There were many tourists from all countries and we never had the problems cited by others. The food was great and the people wonderful. <BR>

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 12:31 PM
xxx

The reason I started this thread was because I'm planning a trip and Spain was receiving a very small number of posts compared to France and Italy. <BR> <BR>Also, the very knowledgeable were not playing a big enough role (Pedro, Maira, etc). <BR>

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 12:24 AM
Anthony

Having just returned from Spain, I can tell you that it surely is a beautiful country. And there were no shortage of happy tourists. My wife and I prefer Spain over France, Italy and England. The spanish people are friendly and helpful. The museums in Madrid were the best. And the food was very good. We will definitely return to Spain next year.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 02:50 AM
Myer

Anthony, <BR>Now tell us about your trip so that we can gain from your experiences. <BR>Where did you go? What did you see? Where did you stay? What did you like and not? <BR>Etc. <BR>

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 05:48 AM
Tammy

I'm going to Spain in October with 3 friends, and we can hardly wait! Anthony, I'd love to hear about your experiences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -