no response from tuscan hotels

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no response from tuscan hotels

What's been your experience with responses from inquiries re hotel prices and availability?
i wrote to three different ones in tuscany 0 lucca/peinza/pisa and no one has responded.
is it due to easter week?
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 09:09 AM
J62

I have had very good luck when I pick up the phone and call.

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 09:11 AM

Could be.
I have learned that responses from Italy can run pretty slow.
Wait until Tursday and resend.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 09:18 AM

Hello jaimeenid, I assume you emailed the hotels? I have found Italians don't respond to emails as quickly as we tend to. And in that it is Easter week possibly the person in charge of sending emails is not working. Next Tuesday is the start of a normal operating week (Monday in Italy is a holiday also..they call it Easter Monday). If you don't receive an answer by Wednesday I would fax the various hotels as they seem to take faxes more serious. If you don't have fax numbers then a phone call would be best..afternoon Italian time would be the best time to phone..say around 3:30pm Italian time. Best wishes.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 10:57 AM

Did you inquire directly from the hotel's website? Do they have a fax number you could try as well? I usually get a response within a week to 10 days from a hotel in Italy, sometimes much sooner.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 10:57 AM

I have recently used email to make hotel reservations for 5 small hotels in Umbria and on the Amalfi Coast for my upcoming trip in September. This worked great for 4 of the 5 hotels. However, for some unknown reason, I had trouble getting a response from hotels in/near Orvieto. I was never able to determine what the problem was but eventually I found a hotel that would respond.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 11:20 PM

I'm not surprised at your experience. As others have said, Italians tend to respond less quickly than we are used to in the UK and America...Also in some small hotels, they have only 1 person who can answer English language emails, and they might only look once a week or so. Tuscany is especially bad on this front since so few people speak English well. Even most small hotels, however, are ususally serviced by some website that make reservations for them (like www.intuscany.com or www.agriturismo.it) and they ususally respond regularly.

Also, things really slow down around Easter. Good luck! www.la-bandita.com
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 02:51 AM

Could your internet provider's browser be screening out replies from abroad as junk mail?
This happened to me and thanks to a reply on this site, a quick call to my IP corrected the problem. If you've been receiving other replies from Italy, then, of course, this is not your situation. We, also, found Italian hotel replies to be generally slower than other countries.