No dining after 9pm in Paris

Old Oct 20th, 2020, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No dining after 9pm in Paris

https://www.finedininglovers.com/art...aurants-curfew A facebook friend posted this today. I make lunch my big meal while there so maybe late lunch be a new trend in dining.

Ireland is at level five, back to take out only and those poor pubs that serve no food are still not open.
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All getting a bit stressful, Wales is on a circuit breaker from the end of the week, most of the North Western cities of England are on Tier 3 (the highest) and Yorkshire is under review with South Yorkshire heading to Tier 3. Of the West Yorkshire only Leeds has cases falling while Bradford continues to rise despite Tier 2 measures for ages. So we are assuming West Yorkshire and York will go to Tier 3 some time in October.

Hard to see any good news except maybe Ump will get removed in a few weeks.

Scotland, no dining after 6pm
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 11:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
You can dine all you want in Paris after 9pm. You just have to get it delivered. If you have bought wine at the supermarket in advance, you will save at least 30% on the meal.

As for actually going to restaurants, just about all of them have moved to non-stop service during the day or else evening dining hours beginning at 18:00.
Old Oct 25th, 2020, 12:04 PM

<<All getting a bit stressful, Wales is on a circuit breaker from the end of the week, most of the North Western cities of England are on Tier 3 (the highest) and Yorkshire is under review with South Yorkshire heading to Tier 3. Of the West Yorkshire only Leeds has cases falling while Bradford continues to rise despite Tier 2 measures for ages. So we are assuming West Yorkshire and York will go to Tier 3 some time in October.>>

I'm glad someone understands it. it seems to me to be much too complicated. I also wish that politicians would stop saying how Cornwall is so free of covid and thus encouraging people to come here. [Colour me selfish] . There are restaurants open here but I have no idea how many as I've only eaten out less than 6 times since March so if restaurants go bust it will be my fault.
Old Oct 26th, 2020, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cornwall, are you still having a ton of tourists? It is a bit confusing. Ireland has gone to level 5 but have seen some creative take out menus with drinks. People need to get rid of stock. My friend that lives outside of London orders from Ocado. She came home to find her order that her husband signed for was not her order. She called them and they said they could not take it back so she could keep it. It had at least 6 packages of Salmon filets from Norway, whole chicken, pork and a slew of fresh veg. She won the food lottery. I wish we had Ocado. That food looked amazing. They have been visiting the outside seating at their local but no indoor dining. I am watching the news on second wave hitting you and feel like we are still in first wave just higher seas.
Old Oct 26th, 2020, 06:14 AM

I run some three local groups doing stuff like hobbies so Mrs bilbo and I sit down and read the legislation. Normally badly written it takes a wee while, so far it lines up with Leeds council website. What amazes is me is that other people find it so confusing. Still I don't travel much this year. I live right on the border of a tier 2 and a tier 3 area. So I obey the rules in 2 and almost obey the rules in 3.
Old Oct 26th, 2020, 06:15 AM

The one that confuses me is that the NHS QR code is only being used for "venues" as people enter for a significant period but not for shops... yer what!
Old Oct 26th, 2020, 10:48 AM

<<Cornwall, are you still having a ton of tourists?>>

I don't think so, Macross but I'm not sure TBH. I stay clear of everywhere that i might encounter them, however they aren't as visible as they were in the summer when you could hardly move for them in some coastal resorts. Fortunately the weather at the moment is hardly enticing so we must be grateful for our cornish climate!

Bilbo - i must confess that I've not tried to get my head around tier 2 & 3 rules as they don't apply to us - yet. Whilst you may be right and they are easy to understand I suppose it's the cumulative effect of the rule of 6, being able to see one grandparent but not both of them, being able to meet a friend down the pub but not in your back garden etc, etc. And when they exempted grouse shooting from the rule of 6 if they had wanted to undermine the rules they could't have done a better job. Is it any wonder that those who are trying to foment discontent find it so easy?
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by bilboburgler View Post
The one that confuses me is that the NHS QR code is only being used for "venues" as people enter for a significant period but not for shops... yer what!
I guess the assumption is that people in shops don't linger as long in any proximity to other people. It's the length of time, as well as location.
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 05:36 AM

Leeds went through a 3 week period where the only people who could meet outside with more than 2 people was those involved in dance.... I wasn't that worried about shooting as generally only a fool wants to be close to others with a gun. There is no doubt the Conservative party is demonstrating how not to select senior politicans for senior roles at the moment, Ms Patel is a fine example of a nut not understanding the optics of political actions.

Patrick, you are right. But the NZ T&T and the Chinese T&T worked on tracing every movement so I was hoping we might go "world class".

Anyway Leeds is not yet in negotiations about going Tier 3 and Andy B has stopped whittering so onwards and upwards.

Last edited by bilboburgler; Oct 27th, 2020 at 05:38 AM.
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 06:15 AM

Is it because they are closign down public transportation too? or just want to limit gatherings?
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 07:47 AM

France tightening up, rules as of ThursdayOn Thursday, 22 October, a 21:00-06:00 curfew banning all but essential trips out in Paris and eight other cities was extended to 38 further administrative departments.

It now affects two-thirds of the French population.

Schools remain open with travel between regions allowed during the day. Only six people are allowed to gather in public places.

The measures will be in place for six weeks.

Face coverings are compulsory in enclosed public spaces throughout France, while specific areas have introduced additional rules.

In Paris and surrounding areas, as well as hundreds of other municipalities across France, face coverings must be worn outdoors by anyone aged 11 and over.

Masks must also be worn in most workplaces.

In answer to your question, probably a bit of both, but frankly there is a bit of "throw anything at" going on across europe. Belgium is especially worrying.

Brussels

Socializing: You’re allowed close contact with only one person from outside your household. You can invite four people to your home if you respect social distancing rules. These four people must be the same for a period of two weeks, after which you can switch.

Public spaces: Wearing a face mask is once again mandatory everywhere. There is a nightly curfew from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., with exceptions for “essential trips” for urgent medical reasons and professional commutes. Groups meeting outside are limited to four people.

Bars, cafés and restaurants: All bars, cafés and restaurants are closed. Take-out is possible until 10 p.m. Authorities will review these measures at the end of October. Night shops have to close at 10 p.m. and alcohol sales are prohibited after 8 p.m.

Work: Working from home is the rule whenever possible. More controls on social distancing and mask-wearing will be mandatory in workplaces when working from home is not possible.

Testing: With labs overwhelmed by demand, coronavirus testing is now limited to people with symptoms. Anyone who is considered to be “high risk” — after coming into close contact with a positive case or returning from a “red zone” abroad — but is not experiencing symptoms still has to self-isolate but is not required to get tested. The duration of the quarantine is now 10 days, up from seven. The new system will be in place until November 15.

Schools: Across Belgium, the one-week half-term break starting on November 2 has been extended by three days (until November 11) to help curb the spread of the virus. In Brussels, policies vary between Flemish-speaking schools and French-speaking schools, since education is regulated by communities.

my old work area of LIege is especially hard hit.

The BBC did one nice thing, they compared UK hospitals now to UK hospitals back in April. The main difference seems to be that generally the medics are better at treating the ill, so more patients talking and alert rather than in medically induced coma. Better use of European sanctioned medication. Belgium hospitals filling up and now Czech Rep taking a bad hit.