Reload this Page >

Nightlife in San Gimignano?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 01:04 PM
Sam

Myself and some friends are planning on basing ourselves out of San Gimignano for a number of nights during our Tuscany trip this spring. We aren't crazy partiers, but we do like to go out for a glass of wine/beer after dinner for a few drinks. <BR><BR>Do things shutdown in San Gimi fairly early, or are there places where we can grab a drink with the locals?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 02:04 PM
Wayne

San G is a daytime destination of hordes of tourists who leave before dark. The merchants, after a whole day of coping with the visitors, generally close up shop early. There are a couple of hotels with bars that would slake your thirst, but San G ain't no party town.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 06:32 PM
Tom

I'm sure your concierge could point you in the right direction. I stayed there years ago (going back in June) and recall it being great at night for wandering. May not find bars, but definitely some great gelato shops where you can get a dish and wander the quiet streets without the throngs.