Reload this Page >

NiceMidRangeRestaurantParistoTakeFrenchRelatives

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 10:42 AM
DavidK.

I am going to Paris with my family and will be seeing my uncle, his wife and adult son (I know them from previous trips to the States) and would like to take them to a nice mid-range French cuisine restaurant for dinner. Not a luxury restaurant where my wife and I will go alone one evening. <BR>Any suggestions? Thanks.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 10:54 AM
elvira

Les Amoynes, rue Faubourg St Antoine. Set price meals, up and coming chef, make reservations.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Maribel

DavidK,<BR>Le Clos des Gourmets on the elegant Av. Rapp in the 7th. Set price available for both lunch and dinner. Our very best, most memorable meal of all in our last 2 visits. Refined, creative, relaxing but better still, quite affordable, particularly for this area. Run by a husband and wife team. Chef Pitrois trained at 3 Michelin starred restaurants before venturing out on his own. Sidewalk dining in summer.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Howard

I'm not sure what you mean by midrange, but I recommend Perraudin in the 5th Arr. at 157 rue St. Jacques. Cost about 30-35 euro with a glass of wine, per person. Excellent food, delightful owner. They don't take reservations nor credit cards. Get there when it opens at 7:30, as it us usually filled by 8

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 11:46 AM
xxx

Your header screwed up the message index!<BR><BR>Shame on you!

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Gretchen

Second Le Clos des Gourmets--16 Av. Rapp. Make a reservation--tiny. We stopped by in the afternoon and made it.Another would be La Fontaine de Mars, 129 rue St. Dominique. Les Olivades, 41 av. Segur (near Ecole Militaire) is a Provencal style restaurant--recommended in Patricia Wells Paris book. We really enjoyed it

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 12:05 PM
xxxxx

Would people PLEASE let this message sink, so the formatting of the top-50 messages will no longer be messed-up by the spaceless header to this thread? Thanks!<BR><BR>(No, I'm not contributing to the problem -- it's currently the top message anyway!)

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 12:48 PM
xyz

Gotcha!

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 01:24 PM
DavidK.

Thanks for info. Sorry if the header was not in the proper format.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 01:27 PM
xxx

Airhead . . when would no spaces ever be in the right format . .

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 01:28 PM
xxx

toppingtoppingtopping for the topless.....................