Reload this Page >

Nice Hotels in Mykonos

Search

Nice Hotels in Mykonos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Christian

Nice Hotels in Mykonos

Hi<BR><BR>As part of my itinerary to Greece, I'm planning to stay a few nights in Mykonos, can you please recommend a nice hotel? <BR><BR>I've come up w/ a few choices from this board:<BR>Kivotos, Cavo Tagoo, Santa Marina & Petasos (I understand there are several) <BR><BR>Need some help please, I'd like a pool, not TOO far from town.<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR>CC

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Sue

We stayed at the Princess of Mykonos, which had a pool; rooms were lovely, prettily decorated and spacious, breakfast was great, and the young staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. My daughter faxed me a happy birthday message, and it was delivered with a bouquet of flowers by the staff, who had read the fax. There is a very good restaurant on the premises, also. "Famous" guests supposedly include Geo. Bush,pere, and Jane Fonda, who cover both ends of the spectrum!

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Karen

We stayed at the hotel Belvedere and really liked it. It is a few minute walk from town so it was very convenient location. Ask for a room facing the pool (back) and not the street (front). The rooms in the back were very quiet. It is a small hotel and very comfortable and would return in a minute. We also stayed at Kivotos because I wanted some time by the beach. While it was a beautiful hotel,it was alot more expensive and we found it a little stuffy and formal and wer didn't enjoy it as muchs as the Belvedere. The Belvedere was more laid back and I liked being closer to the town so that we could explore the shops (lots of jewelry stores) and try different restaurants every night. Alot depends on whethere you are more of a beach person or whether you would rather have easier access to the things in town. I think that you will enjoy Mykonos. We rented a car for the day and explored the different beaches on the island and it was fun.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:29 AM
Stef

I too stayed at the Princess of Mykononos and it was fabulous. It was quiet, charming and soooo relaxing. It's close to the beach, has wonderful and accomodating staff. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 09:01 AM
michael

I stayed at the Hotel Belvedere last year, which I really enjoyed. It was laid back, friendly and well placed for the shops, tavernas and clubs of Mykonos town. You can read my review on it on http://www.i-escape.com/hotel.php?hotel_key=GR006.<BR>It's quite expensive for Greece, but cheaper than Cavo Tagoo and the Princess.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 09:18 AM
barbara

we stayed at the santa marina 2 years ago. it was very nice, although we chose the place because it had a beach, and the beach was pathetic -- rocky and had a dock so it was full of yachts and boats. do not go there for the beach (the other beaches at mykonos were great).

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Erica B

Last May we stayed at Petasos Beach Hotel and really enjoyed it. Very conveniently located - steps away from Platy Yialos Beach (fairly quiet beach with seaside tavernas); from there you can also catch boats to other beaches on the island. Bus stops directly in front of hotel for quick trip into town. Hotel has nice amenities, VERY friendly staff and lovely restaurant and pool overlooking Psarou Bay. Rates were quite reasonable as well, making Petasos Beach a very good value.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:42 PM
pieter

We stayed at the Ornos Beach Hotel several years ago and were very pleased with the accomodations. It was nice to be just outside of Mykonos town (about 3 km), the rooms were very comfortable and the rates reasonable. Ornos has a few restaurants and some exquisite gyro stands and although we often took the bus into town, it was pleasant to stay there some evenings as well. It was also very convenient for taking the caiques to the beaches down the "road" like Paradise and Super Paradise.