Reload this Page >

Nice Hotel for 4 in Rome

Search

Nice Hotel for 4 in Rome

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2001, 02:13 PM
Shanna

Nice Hotel for 4 in Rome

We are a family of 4 looking to travel to Rome during the summer months. We would need a room with two double beds. I'd like to stay around $100 a night or less. We don't look to spend a lot of time in the room but would like for it to be clean. Close to public transportation is alwasy a plus. Any suggestions?

Old May 3rd, 2001, 11:22 PM
Rhonda

Hi Shanna, <BR> <BR>We're also a family of 4 going to Rome early Oct. I've found the following sites very helpful: <BR> <BR>www.venere.com (Thanks Rex) <BR>www.italyhotel.com <BR>www.rome4u.com (for B&Bs) <BR>www.cross-pollinate.com <BR> <BR>Good luck sifting through all the info. <BR> <BR>Rhonda <BR> <BR>

Old May 7th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Jo

For hotel under $100 for 4 will be hard to find. You need to look for 2* hotels/pensione. <BR> <BR>Try www.venere.it/roma or you can look into convents <BR> <BR>www.santasusanna.org

Old May 7th, 2001, 02:27 PM
Paulo

Jo is being very optimistic, Shanna. You won't find a 2-star quadruple for under $100 anywhere in the old center. Even 1-star hotels in the most looked for areas (Piazza di Spagna, Piazza Navona and Pantheon, Campo de' Fiori) cost more than that. <BR> <BR>Were I in your shoes, I'd give a property located in the heart of Trastevere a shot. This is my preferred area to go out for dining and/or bars. It's very lively. On the otehr hand, it's quite near the Bocca della Verita, Ghetto and Campo de' Fiori. The property is known as hotel/pensione Manara or hotel Trastevere. It's located on Via Luciano Manara, 24/25, tel. 06 5814713, fax 06 58810116. All rooms with showers and the rate for a quadruple is reported under Lit 200,000. Reception closes at night but all guests get a main door key. <BR> <BR>Paulo

Old May 7th, 2001, 05:10 PM
Annie

Hi Shanna <BR>I think the other posters are right--it'll be hard to hit your budget with a hotel room. I'd suggest an apartment. We recently stayed in a lovely place just off Campo de' Fiori for around $125 per night (Lit 250,000). I'd guess that having a kitchen available for breakfast and the occasional dinner would probably pay for the extra $25 over your budget. Ours was officially for 2 people, but there were sleeping accomodations for 4. Wouldn't have traded the privacy and space for a 5 star hotel. We booked ours on guestinitaly.com. If you want more info, please feel free to contact me.

Old May 8th, 2001, 08:33 PM
Ivy

Shanna, <BR> <BR>Just returned from Rome and stayed at a bed and breakfast/apartment I found thru this forum. Try the Domus Julia. Recently remodeled and must qualified for the most comfortable room I've ever stayed in overseas. We paid 230,000 lira for a double room and I know they can accommodate families. Take a look at the website.: www.hotlejulia.it and find it under either apartments or B&B. <BR>Rosa, the manager, responds promptly to all inquiries and was very helpful to us. The property is about a five minute walk to the Trevi fountain and convienent to all sights. Good Luck.

Old May 8th, 2001, 08:42 PM
Ivy

Website is WWW.HOTELJULIA.IT. <BR>

Old May 9th, 2001, 09:44 AM
Terry

Have you considered staying in a convent? They welcome families. <BR> <BR>Fraterna Domus, Via del Monte Brianza, 62, located between Piazza Navona and the Tiber. 110,000 for a Double with bath. Curfew is 11:00pm. Has rooftop terrace. <BR> <BR>Le Suore di Lourdes, Via Sistina, 113, located near the Spanish Steps. 110,000 for a Double with bath, including breakfast. Has rooftop terrace. <BR> <BR>Franciscan Sisters of Atonement, Via Monte del Gallo, 105, just south of the Vatican. 110,000 for a Double with bath, including breakfast. Has parking, shaded garden.

Old May 9th, 2001, 09:58 AM
m

just to add to Terry's suggestion, i also hear that convent accommodations are immaculate (although i've never stayed in one).

Old May 9th, 2001, 11:39 AM
Vinny

hi Shanna,stayed at a very clean and reasonable priced hotel in Rome with breakfast. the hotel is called Fuime Hotel at via Brescia-5 their phone #06 854 3000 it is near the Borghese park, plenty of busses to take you where ever. <BR>Vinny