Nice 3* hotels in Roma

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Michael

Nice 3* hotels in Roma

am looking to find a nice otel for a 3 night stay in rome. I have read that one of the more favorable locations to stay is near the Pantheon and other attractions because it is more convenient. If anyone has any feedback I would greatly appreciate it.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 11:19 AM
elaine

Michael <BR>People can help you better if you say how much you want to spend.<BR>I stayed near the Pantheon last fall at the Hotel Santa Chiara.<BR>You can do a search on that on this mesage board, search here for<BR>&lt;Rome hotel&gt;, check the Hotel section of this Fodors website (there are "rants and raves" comments) and also look at<BR>www.venere.it

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Michael

Thank you for such prompt post. I was looking to spend about 100-135 USD per night. Perhaps I am dreaming? Anyhow, thank you for the info.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Carin

topping for you and me, Michael <BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Barbara

Hotel Due Torri is perfectly located near Piazza Navona and last summer a double room was Itl 320,000, which should be about right in your price range. The hotel is off the beaten track, quiet, and very sweet, although the rooms are pretty small.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 08:17 AM
cheap

Try laterooms.com

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Fairfax Fielding

We just got back from six days at the Hotel Condotti right near the spanish steps. The E175 price included a room with twin beds and breakfast. We just got the visa bill and it was about $750. The people at the hotel were so nice (even checking espn.com to find the Maryland/Duke score for us). We ate dinner every night at the restaurants in the immediate neighborhood and found that many attractions (pantheon, colusseum, trevi fountain) were within reasonable walking distance. The hotel has 16 rooms in the main section and an annex, which we never found.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Rodney

100-135 USD per night? Yes, you are dreaming. If tou are willling to be by the train atation, you might get by without too much more. If you want to be in the more desirable areas, you will pay at least $180+.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Book Chick

Hi Michael,<BR>Some places you might want to check out, near the Spanish Steps:<BR><BR>Casa Howard<BR>Hotel Parlamento<BR>Hotel San Gregoriana<BR><BR>They're close to and have some rooms within your budget. The Italian government boasts that the Parlamento's renovations have made it a 4*, but with 2* prices.<BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Kathy

To Fairfax Fielding:<BR>Are you speaking of the Hotel Condotti 29 or just Hotel Condotti? Looks like there's a bit of a difference between the two, though they both seem pleasant enough...I'm considering one or the other for my trip at the end of May. Hoping for some very, very clean, classy accomodations within walking distance to major attractions.<BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Ingrid

Just stayed at the Hotel Tea for 80 euros a night for a double. Very comfortable; just off of Via Veneto.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Fairfax Fielding

We stayed at the Hotel Condotti, just off via della croce. We found it on-line after a lot of research. I am pretty certain it wasn't the Hotel Condotti 29. The street it is on runs parallel to the Piazza Spagne/Spanish Steps, but one block back. <BR>If you need more information, e-mail me directly.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 03:53 PM
steve

Due Torri is nice and quaint (in a little more Bohemian area, but great for walking anywhere in Rome. Chiari gets many rave reviews (check out old threads). I wanted to stay at Chiari, but had no availability. We settled for Albergo del Senato. Although listed as 3 star, it was really more 4 star with good air conditioning. The view right onto the Piazza de la Rotunda was wonderful. Double pane glass kept the rooms quier at night. Rates of about 210/ night but very helpful staff and good breakfast