Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

News you can use from www.whichbudget.com - - the authioritative source for info on low-cost intra-Europe carriers

Search

News you can use from www.whichbudget.com - - the authioritative source for info on low-cost intra-Europe carriers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:10 AM
rex
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a flat-out plug. Unsolicited, and I am not affiliated with this website in any way; just a fan.

It is (has been) one of the pleasures of this forum to watch, and root for, the growth of little "labor of love" websites that grow up to be important and invaluable internet information resources.

Slowtrav.com is the prototype; now whichbudget.com continues to shine. They have a newsletter, and it will fuel your imagination to create itineraries that you might not have been able to concoct otherwise. Some of their latest news: low-cost service to Krakow, LGW-PRG, and service to Chambery.

If you don't know this site you should, and if you like getting armchair ideas for new trips through your e-mail inbox, I recommend you check them out.

Best wishes,

Rex Bickers
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:19 AM

Thanks Rex! I didn't know about the site.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:20 AM

Boy, I needed sites like this when I was in France for 6 weeks this spring. Thanks bunches for posting this tip!
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:28 AM

Thanks for sharing this information, Rex. It is most useful. I was looking for the best (cheapest) flight from Paris to Barcelona and found it. Super!
Ginny
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:56 AM

We are huge fans. The only problem is that now that we are 'turned on' to the buget airlines, I refuse to spend more than about 75 euros on any RT flight in Europe, I have been spoiled!
Cheers,
Jan
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 08:18 AM

Just priced a trip using this website. What a killer it was to see a great roundtrip fare of 30 euros then to see the taxes of 66 euros! Took the joy right out of it! I hate airport taxes!
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 08:21 PM
rex
Original Poster

I don't like airport taxes either. But they are the right thing to do. Taxing the general population to meet the cost of running airports would be wrong.

And of course, there should be appropriate taxation on air freight.

And air mail should help foot the bill as well.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 09:23 PM

Thanks to Rex, I have known about this site for awhile and I too am a fan. What I love about the internet is I keep finding sites I didn't know about.
Thanks again, Rex.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 11:10 PM

I love whichbudget as well!
There's another one www.flybudget.com, which gives you all possible budget airlines, even if there is no direct budget connection between the 2 cities. Admitted, sometimes the results are a bit weird (fly from Bilbao to Hanover and from Hanover to Barcelona) but usually helpful.
And www.skyscanner.net has fewer airlines, but they do give you a table with the prices of the flights over a weekend or month so if you're a bit flexible it's easy to find the cheapest flight.
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 12:15 AM

Rex, many thanks, and I agree wholeheartedly that it would be dead wrong to tax people who have little or no hope of flying to reduce the burden on the likes of us, who have. Thanks also for having the decency to post your name and city.
- Neil Cammack, Canberra, Australia (address and phone number available at www.whitepages.com.au)
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 03:08 AM

THANK YOU!
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 03:18 AM

It's a whole new world. Thanks.