Reload this Page >

New Years Eve in Paris

Search

New Years Eve in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Wendy

New Years Eve in Paris

First of all I apologize if this is a duplicate post- having internet problems today! My friends and I are going to Paris for New Years Eve and we are in need of restaurant recomendations! We are early 30's, single and love great food! Fun, hip and close to the Place de la Concorde where we are going to take part in the festivities. We want it to be a special night and arn't too worried about expense (with in reason!) Thanks in advance!

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 01:35 AM
x

for which year do you seek restaurant reservations?

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 11:04 AM
wendy

We will be there to ring in 2002! So I would need reservations for Dec 31, 2001

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Surlok

I once spent a new Year's Eve in Paris. We went to a panache anchored by the Seine's left margin. What a horrible party that was.No food, barely anything good enough to drink, lousy music and no joy at all. Luckily, when coming back to our hotel in the Marais, we accidentally hit a lively party held at a Gay Club, right in front of our hotel. That was great fun, although none of us (three gals) is gay. Lots of lovely drag queens, great music and atmosphere... That party saved our night. <BR> <BR>Beware of what you book, maybe a hotel party is a better bet. <BR> <BR>Good luck, <BR> <BR>S

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Surlok

Ooops.. I meant "peniche"!!!

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 02:25 PM
wendy

Thanks S. We really arn't looking for a particular party, just a great fun restaurant. I actually read some of the posts from when you went with your girlfriends and made some notes. Thanks for your heads up, I really hate "tourist packages" so there is no fear in me booking that!! haha! <BR>Wendy

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 09:53 AM
Wendy

O.k. I am topping this because I really need to get on the phone this week and make reservations and I have no recommendations!! I know you francophiles have a ton of great eating under your belts (no pun intended! haha!) so if you can please help me out- A fun, middle priced restaurant where it will be ok to celebrate, take photos, laugh and be jovial with in walking distance to the place de la Concorde? Please!!!????? Merci! Wendy

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Tammy

Hey Wendy, last New Years in Paris we tried to get into the Buddha Bar without reservations, it is very near to the Place de la Concord. On another day my friends did go, and they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Wendy

Thanks for the suggestion Tammy, I saw a picture of the Buddah Bar in my NGT, definately will check that out!

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 02:32 PM
Wendy

O.k. I have been given these recomendations, any input from people who have been there is appreciated! Buddah Bar, Manray, Barfly, L'etoille, Hotel Costos, Monkey Club, La Terrase. Any comments?

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 06:48 AM
Hope

Wendy: Thank you for researching New Years Eve. My boyfriend and I are going to be there during this time. We are in our early 30s as well and are looking for a great celebration. Is the Place de la Concorde the place to be? Is that where all of the places you mentioned are? Thanks, Hope

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:25 AM
Wendy

Hope, well my boyfriend, friends and I are certainly trying to get things planned! It's tough doing it from so far away and so far in advance! We have been told that the Eiffel tower does not always have fireworks but there is always a big party at the Pl. Concorde which is why we want to be within walking distance. This is a great site you can check out http://www.whatsonwhen.com/events/~46215.jml

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:38 AM
Hope

Wendy: Thanks for information. This is our first time to Paris (I went years ago with my family when I was around 15). Should we stay on the Left or Right Bank? What's more conducive for a young fun couple? Any suggestions?

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:55 AM
Wendy

Hope- I have stayed on the Left Bank the last 2 years that I went to Paris which was great! We are staying on the Right Bank this time but only because we got a good price on a package deal and that's where the hotel is. Just make sure your hotel is close to a metro stop and you will be fine. I like the Familia in the Latin Quarter.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:56 AM
Maz

Wendy- <BR> The suggestions you've been given (Barfly, Hotel Costes) are definitely fun, trendy places to see and be seen. I have to say, though, I was in Paris last new year's and the club Le Queen (a gay club) threw one of the wildest parties I've ever been to- it ran from 11pm to 11am and was off the Champs-Elysees (not in Le Queen's actual location) in a huge movie house, there were something like 5000 people there. It's not in the lines of Buddha Bar but those places can get a little stuffy, and if you want to have a crazy time on New Years, Le Queen was great. They sold tix at the club on the Champs, they'll probably do the same thing this year.