Reload this Page >

New Year's Eve in Dublin

Search

New Year's Eve in Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2000, 03:06 PM
SC

New Year's Eve in Dublin

Any suggestions on a fun celebration evening for a couple in their mid-30's? Any fun pubs to hang out - drink beer and listen to some music? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Will everything (musuems, etc.) be closed on New Year's Day?

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 08:13 AM
Samuel

I'll be in that area as well on NYE - any suggestions on a fun celebration?

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 09:18 AM
Cathy

Try www.ireland.travel for details on festival etc happening in Ireand in the coming months. Temple Bar etc will be bussy. Hope you have your hotel etc booked if not then good luck finding some reasonable and good, <BR> <BR>Cathy

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 09:30 AM
Beth Anderson

Hi, <BR> <BR>I have never been to Dublin on NYE, but, I was just there in May. My guess is that you will NOT want for a party or a fun pub no matter where you go. I would suggest the Temple Bar area - just chock full of pubs. <BR> <BR>I really enjoyed the "literary pub crawl" which is on Saturday nights but may be other nights as well. The actors are hilarious and you learn a bit of literary history, all while enjoying pints of Guinness. or whatever. <BR> <BR>have fun! <BR> <BR>Beth

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 11:23 AM
xxx

How does one go about finding info on the Pub Crawl? Sounds like fun. Will it be run on New Year's Eve?

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 12:44 PM
Harriett

SC -- My husband and I did the literary pub crawl when we were there in October and it was great fun -- we've done those in London and elsewhere and they're a great way to spend an evening. For info, their website is www.dublinpubcrawl.com. Reservations are unnecessary; you just show up at the appointed pub. If you live near a major bookstore (Barnes & Noble, Borders) you might pick up a copy of the Irish Times - there were ads for New Year's events in there when we were there in October, but you probably won't have any trouble finding some place to celebrate - it's a very lively town! You might also check out www.timeout.com and click Dublin for an events guide. Take WARM clothes and have fun!