New Year's Eve has already started in Istanbul

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The very active Sisli municipality of istanbul continues with their NYE activities.

This year the subject seems to be "Women enjoying life". Nisantasi area has now large sculptures of gaudily dressed women. A large area of the district is brightly lit and some roads and sidewalks are covered with red carpets. It is the most festive atmosphere We have seen anywhere for NYE, including New York, London, Paris and Chicago.

We were there last night and will probably visit Nisantasi and especially Abdi ipekci street on other evenings. previous years they even had free wine on NYE, but we are not prepared to tackle the crowds on the actual night.

For those reading this post as part of their distance learning efforts, The Nisantasi district is an upscale residential and shopping area slightly over a mile away from taksim square, with great bars, restaurants and cafes. There are only the boutique Sofa Hotel and the excellent Park Hyatt there with the Swissotel less than a kilometer away.
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enjoy yourself and the women enjoying life.
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Adu, thanks. but in my case it is THE woman, 'she who must be obeyed', enjoying life.

Happy, fun, healthy and prosperous new year to Adu and all readers, posters and those who are prepard to enjoy life, whatever it may bring.
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 10:04 AM

And the same to you, Cheleb! A good year full of health and humor. This troubled planet can use some of both. I see you and Aduchamp are still "talking"..amazing.

I recall the district well..we walked there from the Military Museum and got lost on the way back through a rather rough part of the upscale neighborhood.

My (Atilla) CPA is from just a few kms. north of the Nisantasi

Let's hear from you occasionally (email)..forget this forum.

stu
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 11:59 AM

Who said Other and I are talking? I just want to wish him and his wonderful family a glorious and healthy New Year. That doesn't mean I like him.
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

also note that i do not call him champ anymore. possibly because he has this strange fixation about spices and herbs.
although he does take good photographs, and his Ms. Adu is definitely a champ.
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 03:20 PM

I have a strange fixation with spices and herbs? You look like a drug dealer for fenugreek.