New forum format

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:28 AM
xxx

New forum format

Have you seen the message warning that they are changing the forums in the morning? Will it work this time? Will we be able to find messages? Will there be a date stamp for Rex? What is your wish list?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Rex

Wow! I keep wondering what about "beta testers" - - I would have loved to have been one, of course, but never heard a word. Are they all sworn to secrecy? Are any other "regulars" here involved?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:42 AM
Ed

Thanks xxx.

For those, like me, that don't go to the Travel Talk "home" page every day, here's the note on the new forum format:

===================================
Changes on the Way
Loyal Fodorites have asked for a "heads up" whenever we're planning to implement changes to Travel Talk, so here it is: This Saturday morning, March 31, we'll be switching over to a new, improved version of Travel Talk.

We've been testing and perfecting this version since the beginning of the year. Travel Talk will look and function much the same as it did before, but we've added a few bells and whistles, made the software that runs it faster and more dependable, and improved the search capability.

We hope you like the new format. Feel free to let us know what you think of it in Saturday's Grab Bag question---"What do you think of the new Travel Talk format?"---which you'll find on the Travel Talk home page the moment we switch to the new format.

We'll be in touch again soon.

Best,

Dave Downing
Forums Coordinator
===========================

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 12:23 PM
Peter Pan

Do you thinkit will happen at midnight? Can I stay up and watch?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 12:28 PM
xxx

Oh no! Oh please, please make it work right away this time. I'm in the middle of researching two different trips and can't imagine not having this resource.

Fodor addictista

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Maira

I'll give it go! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 12:48 PM
Linda

Oh No - not another new and improved something or other. Let's hope it is better than the last change Fodor's made. I get real nervous when something is supposed to be an improvement and the old way was working fine.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 06:32 PM
xxx

Feel like it's the waning hours of a good friend's life.
Ciao...It's been good to know you

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 06:57 PM
Ed

Saturday morning ... WHERE!?!?

This is the Europe forum. It's been morning in Europe for 5 or 6 hours already!!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Rex

Cute, Ed - - but it's abundantly clear that the site, overall, keeps time in New York, where the Fodors managament team is located.

And don't you suspect that the "change" is going to be applicable to ALL the forums - - not specific to Europe in any way?

I anticipate that if anyone does "stay up til dawn" (or afternoon in Europe) it will be observed that the site will be "down" for some period of time in the next 12 hours.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:45 PM
Jon

FYI: 12:45AM EST and all's well. If the change was scheduled to occur at midnight, one of three things took place:

1. It didn't work
2. It was so minor, I can't identify it.
3. The sitemasters heard your cries of opposition & decided to leave a good thing alone.

j.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Rex

I suspect that it will happen sometime between midnight and noon, (EST).

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:55 PM
anon

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:56 PM
xxx

Well, it seems that we're still in orbit. Yes! Hope the folks at HQ aren't sweating too much.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:41 PM
Herewegoagain

You guys ready for another CHANGE? How're you gonna handle it this time? Another WAR on the forum?

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 02:09 AM
Maira

It's 6am in NY!! I may be wrong, but the forum looks the same to me

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 02:18 AM
s.fowler

Hey! Give 'em a chance to have a cup of coffee first

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 03:29 AM
Ed

Okay, time to chug that coffee and get on with the "improvements" ...

we hope, and truly expect.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 03:36 AM
No

Still waiting!

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:24 AM
xx

Jon must be right

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -